Saturday, February 26, 2011

12x12 Canvas

I found this 12 x 12 canvas at Big Lots for $5, when I saw Tim Holtz's Vintage Shabby paper I knew that would look great in our Main bathroom that we just redid in Tan's and whites and my accessories are pink.  I used Tim Holtz Tattered florals die by Sizzix to cut out the flowers onto grungepaper that had been covered with the Tan sheets of the Vintage shabby paper. I used Beate's grunge flower tutorial to make the flowers on the bottom of the canvas. I added tattered rose glimmer mist to the flowers.  The leaves were from silk flowers I had torn apart, made me realize I need the new spellbinder leaf die if I do anymore of these :)

I used the cricut "bloom" cartridge for the bird cage, added some dew drops to the flowers on it.  The flower in the top right corner used a Basic Grey brad for the center. 
This first pic is taken with natural light.


Top left corner uses a Mellisa Frances corner adornment.  Across the bottom I used lace found at the local Flea Market, the small flowers have a prisma rose in the middle, added moss with the bottom arrangement.



This picture was taken in my bathroom, the walls are tan, you can see the trendals I made using DMC memory thread.  Seam binding is from Martha Stewart and I made the bow with my bowdabra, added a pearl to the center which is from the $ store.
The Verse which is computer genereated is from Psalm 104:12, thought it went perfect with this paper. I cut it out with spellbinders.



In this shot you can see the bird and the music notes which go with the verse.

Hope your all having a great weekend, Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment, it is much appreciated!
Connie

4 comments:

deb said...

This is beautiful. You did a great job with the canvas.

Anonymous said...

wow, what a great idea. this came out beautiful.

Beate said...

Connie, your flowers look GORGEOUS! So does the canvas.
Hugs and smiles

Debby said...

Beautiful job!