Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dragonfly for Dad

My Husband and I went to a park thursday over in the St. Louis area, and there were a couple of Dragonfly's chasing each other around and it reminded me that I had this cross-stitched allready, so I decided to use it for my FIL's Father's day card. 


The cross-stitching is from the book Two Hour Country Cross-Stitch, although they can work faster than I can because it took me over two hours to finish this.  The brads I believe are from Making Memories.  Paper is from DCWV Old World paper stack. 
I added a Vine along the bottom with the Sew easy, but I couldn't seem to capture it very well in any of the pics I took, should have went with a darker green floss I guess, or maybe more strands, I only used two strands on this one.
The sentiment is from Impression Obsession stamp set, cut it out with the spellbinder square die.

Well it has finally cooled down around here, we have been in the 90's for so long and this morning was a very nice 68 degrees, my garden has received a very nice watering last night which was greatly needed, it is so nice to be able to have the windows and doors open and listening to the birds outside. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope your enjoying a wonderful start to your weekend,
Connie

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Time well spent. What a beautiful card and what a keeper too!

deb said...

Beautiful card. Again, another inspiration for me to get out those old cross stitch patterns and incorporate them into my cards

Debby said...

lovely card ,great stitch work.I've had issues with commenting on blogger now it seems to work.

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my gosh, Connie! What an AWESOME card! LOVE the cross-stitch!!!