Monday, August 15, 2011

Alcohol ink background

I saw this neat post that Beate did a few days ago and I was in need of another sympathy card and thought the technique might look nice on that card, Welllllll I didn't have any luck, don't know if it was my glossy paper I had or if I didn't give my ink enough time to dry or what.  So I went looking through my paper trying to find more glossy paper, I know I have some somewhere, I am sure I put it in a spot so that I could remember, LOL!  In my search I found this piece that I had done awhile ago so I am not sure what alcohol inks I used, and I did them on a transparency sheet,  I stamped Insightful Meadows a Unity Stamp co. Stamp onto it with stazon ink. I cut that out with a spellbinder Curved Rectangle.


Then I layered that onto a white textured piece of cardstock that was cut out using a Labels 8 Spellbinder die.  Daisy D's paper.  Offray ribbon.  HOTP slide mount mania tag template for the tag, with Impression Obsession sentiment, I pierced around the edges of the tag.

We are having Gorgeous weather in the 60's at night, 80's during the day.  Yesterday evening we had a cook out on the deck and just enjoyed being outside together.
 I have had to add more fencing around my peppers, found the rabbits like to eat the plant and then they take little nibbles out of the peppers and must realize they really don't care for them.  Our topsy turvy that we added a tomato plant to isn't doing as well as when we plant tomatoes directly in the ground, so I don't know if we will be doing that again next year.

Thanks so much for stopping by, Have a Wonderful day!!!
Connie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great use of alcohol inks on transparencies oh and love spending time with you in the cooler weather

Buddy

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Stunning! Love the greens! Beautifully done!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a beautiful use of the alcohol inks Connie! Your background is fabulous!

Beate said...

What a beautiful background and card!
Hugs and smiles

deb said...

Beautiful card

Shirley said...

Just beautiful! I need to do this again too! Love the whole design!

Linda Carson said...

Quite beautiful Connie! I love the look of alcohol inks on acetate!