Monday, August 8, 2011

Got Cake?

My Son in law's birthday is tomorrow. I used Inkadinkado image that has the sentiment with it, and colored it with colored pencils.



Spellbinder deckle rectangle to cut out the image and for layering. Tag is from the Paper company that I used distress inks that I sponged around the edges, the bottom of the tag was punched with Fiskar punch.
The buttons on the tag were a flea market find, I used floss on the buttons. 
K&co. paper and I added two strips of kraft cardstock, and did a little sponging around the edges of the paper too.

We tried out a new flea market last Saturday, it wasn't as good as others I have been to, but I did manage to find an old cassette holder that spins and holds about 5 stamps on each side, and it was only $1, so now I have my most used inks on my table allready to go :)

Our temps are a bit cooler this week so that is nice, hope you all are getting some relief from the heat.
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

4 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hi Connie!! My goodness, what a fun card! I am sure your SIL will LOVE it. This is such a fun image and the paper is perfect. Oh, it has been way too long since I have been to a flea market...kind of miss it. I would love to see a picture of your amazing find. ;D;D
Hugs, Sabrina

Beate said...

That's adorable! He will love it.
Hugs and smiles

Me, My Stamps and I said...

TOTAL CUTENESS!!!!
great embellish!!!!
tfs:)

Leslie Miller said...

This is great for a guy birthday card! A bit of whimsy -- it's perfect!