Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sorry for your loss

My sister in laws, would be mother in law died last week, she has been with her boyfriend for 11 years so she felt like a mother in law to her.

Stampin up image, colored with distress inks, border with a Martha Stewart around the page punch.
DCWV Old World Paper stack.  Embossing in black powder with a Hero Arts Everyday Sayings sentiment stamp.



Sabrina asked to see my new ink storage for my desk.  Of course this doesn't hold everything and yes it is allready full.  I have one of those plastic storage bins drawers with all my other inks.  I had to laugh my husband says now you need to decoupage it.  I told him if I ever catch up on my cardmaking maybe I will give that a try :)  I wanted something that I could keep handy for those inks I use most often and when I saw this at the flea market for $1, I just had to try it and see if I like it.  My desk is getting quite full now. It is one of those Old Big Teacher desk, I found that at the goodwill for $25.  Can you tell I love finding a good bargain.


Behind the ink storage is an old spice rack that I have my some of my stickles, pearl paints and glimmer mists.  To the right of that I have a hanging clear shoe rack that I use to put some of my fiskar and martha stewart punches that don't fit on my wall. In front of that is my cricut create. To the left of the ink storage I have a little green bucket that I found at the target section in the front of the store, I think it was one of those $2.50 items and that has my pearls and gems and other embellishing items.

Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful morning.  We went for a walk with our dog Peanut today and we all enjoyed it very much in the low 70's with a bit of a wind, oh how I love these temps :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment I do appreciate it very much,
Connie

6 comments:

Beate said...

Wonderful card, Connie!
Hugs and smiles

Sabrina Jackson said...

Awesome card...I love the serene feeling of it!!Thanks for sharing your flea market find. Girl, I would love to find bargain stuff, but everytime I try the Goodwill store they have nothing but junk. I have my inks in a storage drawer bin thing too, it works, but I'd rather have them on my desk. Oh, and who can beat $1? Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Susan (rainy) said...

Lovely card, Connie. Sorry for your SIL's loss.

Leslie Miller said...

Your ink storage unit is a steal of a deal for a dollar! I also use a spice rack for my embossing powders and glitter. One of these days I'd like to dress it up a bit, but, like you, I need to get caught up on my cardmaking. Don't know if that's ever going to happen. Lovely sympathy card. It's just right, and I like the sentiment.

JeanneLee said...

Connie, love this card...thanks for your kind words on my blog!
{{{Hugs}}}

deb said...

Great card. I love that SU set. Probably one of the first ones I owned