Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering

I remember 9/11 ten years ago, we were stationed in New Jersey at McGuire AFB, and when we saw it on TV we couldn't believe our eyes.  Our daughter went to school on the base and our first reaction was to go and get her, wondering if they would try to hit bases around the New York area, but the school asked us to leave the kids in school so that it didn't cause panic and worrying to those parents who couldn't come to pick up their kids.  I can't even begin to understand what all the people effected by this had to go through, but I pray for them and their families.  I pray that God will keep us united as we were back then, not against anyone group but united together in helping and loving one another, how quickly that all fades away and that is so sad.  May God also bring peace to those who have lost so much.  Safety to our men and women who fight everyday to keep us safe, all over the world and here at home, I look so forward to the day that they can all come home.


Now to my card, I needed another masculine card and I kind of liked the embossing I did on that last PSX stamp so this time I embossed it in Black.



The background text paper is from K&co.  the orange strip was cut from Spellbinders Curved Rectangles.  Mounted the image onto a kraft piece of cardstock that was inked and distressed.  Sentiment from Hero Arts Birthday messages stamp set.  Black enamel accents added to either side of the sentiment, rounded the corners with my fiskar punch.

Thanks so much for stopping by and your kind comments,
Connie

2 comments:

Shirley said...

TFS, Connie, and your card is wonderful too!

Yvonne said...

The black embossing is really striking on your card. Very nice--we all know masculine cards can be challenging!