Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Wreath

How many of you are on Pinterest?  Oh my it's not bad enough that looking at blogs and such kept me on the computer too long, now I have Pinterest to look at.

I found this wreath here through Pinterest and just fell in love. Of course none of my craft stores here in town sold the yarn, I went on Jo-Anns.com and they do sell it but it was out of stock at the time, but luckily one of the craftying ladies in my craft group had some and she offered to give them to me. Hurrah!!   It calls for an 8" wreath but I went with 12".  I used a little more than one skein of yarn on the 12" wreath.


On her wreath she used ribbon flowers and just cut them apart.  I used my EK Success punch and I couldn't find the color pink pins I wanted so I colored my white pins that I had for my quilting, with a pink prismacolor marker.  I tried to use some alcohol inks I had but they came out too dark for my taste, but I used 2 of them on the wreath.  I also punched out butterflies from Martha Stewart and added them to the wreath with yellow pins :)

My daughter and her hubby are here for a few days to celebrate my birthday, so nice that it is the same time they were on spring break.  Today we were planning on going to the Botanical garden since all the trees are blooming around here but even though the forecast said 20% rain it has been raining and thunder and lightning all morning, so I guess we are going to have to find an indoor thing to do.

Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend,
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

8 comments:

Beate said...

How sweet is that? Great idea. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Linda Carson said...

Oh I love this wreath! It just reeks springtime! The butterflies are an excellent touch!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Connie, girl, this is over the TOP gorgeous!! I saw that wreath on Pinterest and was thinkng it would take a lot of yarn to fill it up like that! Guess I was wrong! Love those sweet flowers and butterflies you have added!! Hope to see you in the morning for the Anniversary release ;D;D Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

JeanneLee said...

Connie, very pretty Wreath, Love how you made do with the pins and just colored them to be what you wanted!

Happy Belated Birhday!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty Connie. Love it. It has such a soft feel to it. Perfect for Spring. Lovely flowers and butterflies... great idea coloring the pins.

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my gosh this is FABULOUS!! (I'm too afraid to get on Pinterest, though. I already spend so much time on blogs!!)

ChristineCreations said...

I saw this on pinterest too. Very cute Easter wreath! Nice to see it done in "real life" too Connie! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! That is soooooo pretty and sweet! Pinterest is an amazing place but, oh my, the time involved in looking around... Maybe when I retire.