Monday, October 22, 2012

Baby Quilt

Here is the baby quilt I made for my nephew's new baby girl that will be arriving soon.... I found this quilt through Pinterest and just loved it.  The girl used clothes from her child to make it, so I had to shop for new fabric but I like how it turned out.  Hers measured 50"x 50", I ended up doing a 3' x 5', just incase they wanted to use it in a crib, plus I didn't have the correct amount of backing fabric to do a square quilt.



I didn't get the binding sewn on until I was at my Dad's house and realized just before putting it in the gift bag I needed a picture of it so my sister is standing behind the quilt holding it up for me, looking at it now I had her hold it upside down, I made sure and had all the print fabric facing the same way when sewing it together.

Hope you had a good weekend, after church yesterday we took a drive to a lake that is about an hour north of us to see the fall colors, it wasn't nearly as pretty as Michigan was when I was there but being along the lake was a nice calming time, and we took a hike through a trail that took us down to the lake on the other side so that was neat, it was 76 degrees yesterday so it was like an indian summer, just love those days :)

Hope you enjoy a wonderful week,
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

6 comments:

Beate said...

Beautiful quilt. I used to quilt before I started stamping. Another fun hobby.
Have a great week.
Hugs and smiles

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh Connie! It is GORGEOUS!! What a lucky new baby girl. :)

Stephanie said...

This is such a beautiful quilt - so girly :) I found your blog while I was on another blog...you are very creative and your cards are lovely! Have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Stephanie
www.theenchantingrose.blogspot.com

Debby said...

Wow Connie this is beautiful!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Connie. I don't saw, but I can image how long it took you. The colors and patters are beautiful!

Linda Carson said...

You're multi-talented! Such a beautiful keepsake!