Monday, November 5, 2012

Sunflowers and Retirement

I have two cards for today, I keep forgetting to post cards.  The first is for a girlfriend I made over in England while we were stationed there, it has been 12 years and we still keep in touch.


The stamp was bought at a flea market and there is no name on the stamp.  Colored with markers
Websters pages papers
Hero Arts All Occasions messages stamp set
Spellbinder Classic Rectangle large and Deckle Rectangles dies
Lace from my stash
Queen and co. Baby blue rhinestones
Inking around the edges of the papers




This second card was for a guy at our church that retired from the Air Force, they are moving back to live near his parents and they are in the midst of job and house searching, so that is why I picked this image from Thomas Kinkade daily calendar to use for the card, that way it was a little for both of them.

October Afternoon, seaside papers for the red stripe
Blue star paper was some I found at Big Lots
Fiskar ribbon
Hero Arts all occasion messages sentiment stamp
Spellbinders Ribbon Banners die

Well that is it for me today, it is cold and rainy, feels like one of those days to just curl up under a blanket.
Have a Good week,
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

6 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

lovely cards, Connie!!!
I especially like the colors and the sunflowers!!!
tfs:)

Beate said...

Oh...I really like both cards. I am with Neva. I like the colors of your sunflower card. So pretty!

Linda Carson said...

Both cards look fabulous! The TK w/the flag is perfect for retired military and you recycled! Love the sunflowers also! What a blessing to stay in touch with a long distance friend for 12 years!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty cards Connie. Love the Thomas Kinkade calendar page. Very patriotic and elegant. Great colors and the banner is just perfect. The sunflowers are so pretty! Love the lace!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Wow, two absolutely beautiful cards! What could be better for Fall than a sunflower and that more patriotic card is awesome too! You are on a roll my friend! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

WOW! Wonderful cards both!!