Friday, January 25, 2013

Sweet 16

My great niece turned 16, my nephew and his wife adopted her from the Ukraine.



DCWV-- Old World Stack paper
Mark Richards Peel offs (happy birthday sentiment and dots)
Spellbinder Circle, Decorative Labels one and Back to Basics tags dies
Martha Stewart Sans Serif typeface stamp set, embossed in Silver embossing powder
Queen & co. -- Yellow sunshine gems

Sounds like we are going to have another wintery mix on Sunday, hopefully it won't be too slippery on the way to church.  I am almost done with my husbands T-shirt quilt but I am not happy at all how it turned out, my seems didn't match up like I wanted them too and I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, he assures me he just loves it but you know how it is when you make something and it isn't just right.  Haven't decided if I will share it or not.

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and your sweet comments,
Connie

4 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Connie. Love the darling sponged tag and how you curled the greeting around the circle.

Grace said...

Hi Connie! What a pretty card for a special birthday and a special girl! I sure can identify with how you feel about your quilting seams... happens to me a lot... but just remember, in colonial days, women would make a mistake on their quilts on purpose as a humility square... just to keep us all humble you know!

Be safe in this weather! Even here we have had a bad ice storm with some snow and wintry mix and tons of accidents today... so glad I was home safe and sound, as was hubby. Stay warm!!!

Krystal Kats said...

Hi Connie I know what you mean. I have felt that way many times then many years later I look at the item I made and say wow that is really good!
Your card is lovely. I don't think I have any spellbinder dies.
Are you into the Savvy dies, Die-Namics or the Memory Box or Poppy Stamp dies?
Thanks for your sweet comments about my Edee. I had a long hair dachshund that had the back surgery. He was fine for the rest of his life after that. I don't know how much the surgery is now a days this was in the 90's. I would do it though for my dog because I love her so much she is the sweetest dog. Now that the kids are grown these are my babies!!! Have a great weekend and don't slip and slide on the way to church. Hugs

Debby said...

such a pretty card for a sweet 16 girl.