Wednesday, February 27, 2013

T-shirt Quilt

Well I wasn't going to share this because I was totally not happy with the outcome, first quilt the seams just didn't come out straight and I couldn't figure it out, but my hubby just loves it and is always using it so, I figured I would.



It just goes to show you even if it isn't perfect in your eyes the person getting it can still get enjoyment out of one of your creations :)  My hubby for most of his career in the Air Force was on the  KC-135 and KC-10's crew chief, so alot of these shirts were collected in the Air Force.


I think it is hard to see in the picture but the fabric he picked out for the front in between the squares is a very small print of stars.  The back he picked out fabric that looks like the galaxy. I tied the quilt together instead of quilting it.

It is snowing as I type this but it doesn't seem to be really sticking yet.  My hubby went back to work last night, think he should have stayed home but he can't stand using that much sick pay on a cold he says.

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it,
Connie

9 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Good for you doing a quilt! I've wanted to try them, but I'm just not sure I can manage another hobby! :) Great memories all over it :)

Me, My Stamps and I said...

love how it turned out, what a great idea!!!!!
tfs:)

Ivanka said...

Love this idea Connie! What a fabulous keepsake of all the tshirts! Thanks for sharing, it's fabulous!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

that turned out great Connie - it is hard to keep your seams straight when you are working with knits - they have their own mind - as long as he cherishes it and appreciates it - is all that counts.

Barb

Dolores Raml said...

That turned out really nice and what a great memory quilt of places he has been. I think it would be hard to make a quilt with knits so I think you did great.
TFS

Yvonne B. said...

Connie, the quilt looks wonderful! I love the concept and I agree with the others that you were so brave to make a quilt with knits. That really makes sewing challenging. It must be fun to see him snuggle up in it, too! Great job--and you're so fast too!

deb said...

What a great quilt.

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Love this quilt Connie! What a great idea to use t-shirts from his years of service! Priceless!

Leslie Miller said...

This must be very special to him! I'm not surprised at all that he loves it. Looks pretty darn good to me. Never saw a quilt made from tee shirts before. How satisfying it must be to make a quilt! I'm so glad you shared it.