Monday, March 25, 2013

Last Easter Card

I was seeing alot of  Easter cards with baskets and eggs and remembered the Gina K stamp set that I had with a basket so I decided to do this for our daughter and her husband for Easter.


I saw a post on Splitcoast about how to photo edit your cards and I noticed there were a couple more steps then I do now, so I decided to try it out.



This second  card is the way I used to do it, which do you like best?

Gina K -- Holiday Basket stamp set, colored with Copics markers
Punch Bunch-- Egg punch
Creative Imaginations paper
Impression Obsession-- sentiment stamp
Spellbinders-- Ribbon Banners, Blossom and Fancy lattice dies
Martha Stewart Border punch
Fiskar -- Grass border punch

On that piece behind the basket, I had tried to cut out the lattice die for another project and it didn't cut all the way through and I couldn't get it lined back up so I just set it aside, found it doing this project and thought it looked like some neat embossing to put behind the basket so I cut it out with the blossom die.


Yesterday on Palm Sunday we received at least 10 inches of snow, it was kind of hard to tell in places because of the drifting, earlier in the day my husband had shoveled off parts of the deck and railing for Peanut, but the top of the table was never disturbed.  We are being told that it will probably rain on Easter but no snow!!   I shoveled half the driveway before my husband got home from work, we took turns finishing the other half, talk about a work out, sure hope this is it for this season.

Hope you have a Blessed week,
Thanks for stopping by,
Connie

3 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

OH, how CUTE!!!!
great basket coloring!!!!
Tfs:)

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Look at that snow! Hard to believe it's spring in many parts of the country. Beautiful coloring of the basket on your darling Easter card. Your first photo does look a little sharper than the second one. Sometimes I'm not sure which takes more time -- the stamping or the photographing!

Cheryl said...

OMGosh, Connie! All that snow!!! It makes me hurt just looking at it!!! Your card, on the other hand is beautiful! Great use of the failed die cut. I always throw mine away, but I'll be keeping them now that I know a way to use them. Isn't it amazing how much better photos look with editing? I like the top photo best. The detail is amazing.