Saturday, April 6, 2013

Keep Climbing

I used the Keep Climbing stamp set for image and verse, it is from Our Daily Bread, and has been colored with Distress and Copic Markers, background was first all sponged in with Distress inks.  I also took a Gold marker and went around the image to give it a bit of a border.


Our Daily bread designs-- Keep climbing stamp set
Spellbinders-- Labels seven and curved rectangles
Tim Holtz -- Vintage Shabby paper
Vintage Photo distress inks all around the edges
Faux stitching in the corner
Twine from LSS
Button from flea market find

I hope this is uplifting for a gentleman at our church who is going through alot of pain and bad health.

I went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention yesterday and had a fun time shopping for new supplies, there was actually some stuff that I didn't find and it seemed to be smaller than past shows but hopefully you will be seeing some new stuff here soon, I have kids cards to finish up before I can get into making flowers and stuff :)

Spring has sprung here and I was hoping to get out in the yard and start getting work done out there but I have jury duty next week, so I guess we will see how that all goes.

Hope your enjoying a Lovely spring weekend wherever you are!
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and I do appreciate your comments,
Connie

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a lovely card, Connie! I'm sure the gentleman will enjoy it and I pray he is blessed by your kindness :)

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Joann said...

What a lovely card, so peaceful and uplifting. Wonderful details you have incorporated. Love the faux stiching and distressing : ). Hugs xx

Debby said...

lovely stamp and card.Nice job with the border

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty Connie. Love the beautiful scene and coloring. The torn background looks great. I am sure it will be a welcomed card. I am planning to go to the CK convention in couple of weeks! :)

Linda Carson said...

He'll love this beauty! The torn paper and distressing adds the perfect touches to his handsome card!