Saturday, February 1, 2014

Kittie's Inspiration

Today is the first and that means I am sharing another project from someone who inspires me.  Today it is Kittie and you can check out the inspiration HERE .

I just love everything about this card, she does such amazing work with dies, she is the reason I am hooked on Memory Box dies, if you look through her blog she does such wonderful scenes both with dies and her stamping, always gives great tips too.  Hope you get the chance to sit down and just have a look through her blog.

My girlfriend lost her brother a couple days after I saw Kittie's card and I thought that would make a nice design for a sympathy card.


I inked the embossing folder with Distress ink and then embossed it to give it the black background.

Paper Studio -- A2 Quatrefoil embossing folder
Martha Stewart -- Border punch
Stampendous -- Sincere sentiments
Memory Box-- Fabulous Philox die (a little inking around the flower with the black soot ink)
Poppy Stamps -- leaf sprig die
Distress ink-- Black soot

We had freezing rain last night but this morning it is warming up so it is just regular rain, guess they are getting snow north of us, cold week ahead, counting down the days until spring.
Wishing you all a very safe and warm weekend,
Thanks so much for stopping by,

Connie

11 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

This is lovely! Sympathy cards are difficult to make in the first place simply due to the circumstances, but then to make it elegant yet simple and heartfelt is really hard. Your card is all of these: elegant and heartfelt and not overdone.

Shirley said...

A really beautiful card and very elegant too. It is so appropriately pretty.

Kittie said...

Connie, thank you so much for such an honor. I appreciate I it more than you know. You made my day. Your card is gorgeous and so perfectly fitting for a sympathy.

Leslie Miller said...

A beautiful card and so appropriate for sympathy. I love looking at Kittie's blog. So fun! I'm loving those Memory Box dies lately, too. I only recently tried them, but I'll definitely be adding some to my collection. Thanks for sharing your inspiration, Connie!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Connie. And, yes, Kittie's work is amazing. I'm sorry for your friend's loss, and know that this beautiful card will be truly appreciated.

bumblebee creations said...

this is so elegant!! love the lattice look!! I have blog candy...I hope you can join in!

Joann said...

Such an elegant card Connie. Truly special! I think it will be so appreciated in such a difficult time. xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a beautiful card Connie. Love the black and white look. Sorry you had to use it though...

Stephanie said...

Oh this is so elegant - very stunning, dear Connie! And your owl card is quite cute :)

Hugs to you, friend!

Linda Carson said...

Quite lovely Connie! It's very stunning in details and textures! Kittie's work is amazing. Great job!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

this is just stunning!!!
love the details!!!!
tfs:)