Saturday, February 22, 2014

ODBDSLC 191 Secret Admirer

A lady at church just lost her Grandmother that was in her 90's and she sounds like she was quite the woman as is this lady at our church, so when I saw this sentiment I thought it would fit perfectly at this time, hope it is appropriate for a sympathy card.

Here is the card I made:


Here is the card I Cased from Grace:



I loved the shape card idea with the Quatrefoil die in the background, if you would like to know what Grace used in her card you can find it on her BLOG HERE .

Here is what I used on mine:

Our Daily Bread designs -- Morning Glory stamp set, colored w/markers and Quatrefoil pattern die
Spellbinders -- Curved Rectangles die
Country diary of an Edwardian lady paper from Cardmaking and Papercrafts magazine
Ribbon and Flower shaped button

This was my first time using this stamp and I want to thank Grace for the great inspiration to use it!

The challenge ends tomorrow the 23rd at 8pm est.  You can find out all the details HERE on the Our Daily Bread Designs blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

9 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Wow Connie! That's one beautiful card! Love the shape, the quatrefoil die background and your coloring! Your friend will be comforted with the sentiment and beauty! Yep, a wonderful CASE of Grace's card! So happy you joined us this week Shining the Light at ODBD!

Alshandra said...

Beautiful card. Love the DP and the quatrefoil die. You've coloured the image beautifully and CASEd Grace so well. Thanks for joining us this week in the ODBD Shining the Light challenge. Elizabeth

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, what a beautiful CASE of Grace's card! I know she will be deeply honored, and I know the family of this precious lady will love your card and find comfort in this sentiment! So glad you've joined us once again this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge, sweet friend! Warm hugs!

Anonymous said...

beautiful card Connie!

Grace said...

Oh GASP Connie! Your card is just beautiful and perfect for the passing of this dear lady! It's always a comforting thought when we know our loved ones are with the Lord! I'm so honored that you cased one of my cards... and yours is just beautiful!!! I love the shape you chose and how beautifully it shows the quatrefoil as well!!! This will truly touch the heart of your friend!

hugs,
Grace

Joann said...

I am in awe Connie, this is beautiful and a wonderful tribute to I'm sure a great lady! Your work is so inspiring and I love that each post you share has a story. Thanks for being such a wonderful inspiration for all of us. xx

Leslie Miller said...

That is simply beautiful, Connie! I think the sentiment along with the pretty blues and the lovely flowers makes a perfect sympathy card.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning case Connie!! I just loved that card from Grace as well and can see why you cased it. The blue and your use of dies on this card along with the shape and coloring is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD this week!!
hugs,
Chris

Shirley said...

It is a really pretty sympathy card, Connie. She will treasure it, I am sure. The colors are soothing and the card is beautiful!