Saturday, March 22, 2014

50th picture

I haven't felt well enough to try making cards, so I thought I would post the picture Greg did for me for my birthday.


Of course he didn't write down everything he used but I can probably figure out most of it.

Taylored Expressions -- Clouds, he bought these, said he loved the swirls in them
I think he used a template for the rays, the sun is a gear, I think from Spellbinders.  The swirl behind the number is Memory box.   Do you remember when I used the 50 on his card, we used the cricut and the first one we cut was way too big, well he used that one on this picture.  The star is a punch from Martha Stewart, and yep that is a bird on the sun, he has a thing for Ravens.

He wrote on the back all about the sun, moon and stars, and he ended it by saying Connie you are the sun, the moon and the stars and I am still amazed....  Yep I started to cry, he has a way with words.

Don't forget to comment on the post below to have a chance at winning all these goodies, and more that I will be adding.

I still am having dizzy spells, and how I usually get sick while reading in the car, now I get sick if I read too much anywhere, so I have to limit my time on the computer and all reading I do.  The mornings are the worse and by the end of the day I start to get better, not sure what that all means, other than the motion sickness pills have built up in my body by then.

Thanks so much for prayers and thoughts for me, I really appreciate it!
Connie

11 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card Connie and such a lovely sentiment to put inside. You are one very lucky lady. Sorry to see that you are still no better. Hope the vertigo clears up soon.

Cards By Jan said...

This is very unique..i love all the cogs and wheels...etc...very interesting...and I love the colour
Hugs

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Connie and how fabulous to receive a handmade card from your hubby! Hope you feel better soon! Wifi makes me dizzy.. ugh

Joann said...

Happy Birthday Connie, we share a common birthday, today is my 50th as well! Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well, I hope you feel much more yourself very soon. The card your hubby made is fantastic, so thoughtful when our guys show their artistic side : ). Take care, hugs and prayers to you for a speedy recovery.

Leslie Miller said...

He's very good, and I think it's so sweet that he made this for you! I'm sorry to hear you're not all better yet. It may take a while. Hang in there!

Diane said...

Happy Birthday Connie, sorry you are not feeling well. I hope things get better soon.

Hugs Diane

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fun and creative card. Love the different elements... great job Greg!

Stephanie said...

Your card is beautiful, Connie, and you certainly have a very talented husband :)

I am so sorry to hear you're still not feeling well . . . you continue to be in my prayers, sweet friend! Love and hugs!

Becky said...

wow Connie, what a fabulously creative card.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

gorgeous card!!!!
love the unique design!!!
tfs:)
hope you feel better soon.
I have the same problem-vertigo and it is worst this season because of the changing weather.
I usually take antivert but it makes me sleepy.
take care!!!

Shirley said...

Really sorry to hear you have been sick. Hope you are tons better today! His card is beautiful and his words are priceless!!!