Friday, March 28, 2014

Hubby's creation

I still haven't made a card since the last one, but I plan to change that this weekend, hopefully starting later today :)   I thought if you stopped by I might as well give you something new to look at, so I picked an interesting idea Greg had for a card.  He likes the history behind the Egyptians, while in the Air Force he was lucky enough to have had to fly there and was even able to go see some pyramids. I believe these pictures and words were out of a magazine or book he had.  He took a square punch and centered the images then he took my score board and made the little boxes.



Here is a side shot of it so you can see the dimension that the boxes give to the card.


Interesting idea huh, I like how he used the background pictures to almost look like a mosaic tiled background.

I taught that card making class at my friends library last night, I had 5 ladies sign up and we had fun creating the card together, we had a little extra time at the end so I had some extra papers that they could use and let them design a card on their own, they really liked doing that.  I learned a lot of stuff I would do differently but I guess that is how it goes when you do something for the first time it is a learning experience, a lot different then when I had one on one time demoing.

Thanks for stopping by and next time it will be one of my creations again,
Have a Great weekend,
Connie

5 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

What a fabulous card! So interesting...and awesome!

I bet the ladies had a great time at your class. Will you be teaching more? Sounds like fun!

Cheers!

ChristineCreations said...

Neat idea! So fun to see the creativity in our guys too!

Shirley said...

Your husband's card is wonderful, Connie. He really showed his idea of his travel there well. It sounds like you really did okay for your first class. I don't remember my first and bet it was because it probably wasn't as smooth. Amazing what I learned about myself and others too. Have fun and good for you!!!

Leslie Miller said...

My goodness, that's one crafty man you've got there! Interesting design. Guys do like to engineer things, don't they? Awesome!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an amazing card. Love the box idea and how it game dimension to the card. Very creative of him!