Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Northwoods

I have a masculine card for today, I need to study how to color the birds better, always have troubles with that. I don't like that Northwoods doesn't name their stamps, at least it isn't written on the wood stamps.



Northwoods Rubber Stamps- - from 2011 
Burlap -- Hobby Lobby fabric section
Hero Arts -- It's your day sentiment stamp
Ki -- Metal accents
Stickles -- Waterfall

I don't know if you can see it or not but the stickles are in the water in places, I love these stickles for that, in person it brings the water to life.

I scored the card so that it was a little shorter in front than the back so I added a strip of paper on the inside so when it is held shut in your hand you can see that off to the side.  Here is a picture of that.


I am actually seeing improvement everyday so I am hoping that the two weeks they said that this usually passes will be right and by the weekend I will be done with the dizzy spells :)

We had a dusting of snow last night, but it is almost all gone now except for the shaded areas.  Starting to see those buds popping out on some of the trees, Oh how I love to see the world come to life at this time of year!

Great news my brother and sister in law have made it back to the states from Ukraine, so happy to know they are safely home.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

9 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Firstly, love this fabulous card! What a great guy card... wonderful textures and what a cool sketch with the front scored shorter!
I'm sorry that you are having dizzy spells, but good to hear that you are seeing some improvement. And what a relief to have your brother and sis in law home safely!

Becky said...

Beautiful scene and beautiful textures. We are getting snow right now :)

Shirley said...

Wow, Connie, a really wonderful male card! I really like the fabric and the image is awesome! I too am glad they are home safely!! What a worry!

Joann said...

Gorgeous card Connie! Love all your attention to the details with the stickles and everything else. Glad to hear you're improving. Hopefully in the days to come you are back to your normal self. xx

Leslie Miller said...

I'm glad to hear you're improving a little bit. It doesn't seem to have impaired your ability to make a fabulous card! This is a wonderful stamp for a guy card and you've put it together with just the right details to finish it off beautifully. Love the Stickles on the water. I have a hard time with birds, too. Love them, both in person and as stamps, but put off the coloring because I always want to get it just right. You and I need to not be so exacting, I think, and just enjoy it more. Hoping your condition continues to improve daily.

Leslie Miller said...

ps: I just want to add that I'm glad to hear your brother and sister-in-law are back home. Whew!

SarahGeorge said...

Good to hear of your improvement , Connie. Also glad that your brother and sister in law reached back safely. What a beautiful card you've made in spite of your health conditions! Looks lovely :)

ChristineCreations said...

Really lovely Connie, beautifully done on the scene and the burlap is a wonderful addition!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Connie. Love that scene and the coloring. The burlap looks great in the background. Hope you are doing better and better each day.