Saturday, March 8, 2014

ODBDSLC193 Metal or sweets

Our Daily Bread Designs challenge this week was metal or sweets, I chose to go with Metal on my card.  You can find out all the details about this challenge on their Blog HERE .


As you can see by the picture I couldn't get a good shot of the card without getting my reflection in the background, I tried so many different angles it was just crazy, the ones were I didn't show up as bad were blurry.  This will be going to my great nephew turning 18 next month.

I used silver embossing powder on the truck and then colored it with markers. 

Our Daily Bread Designs -- Special Boy stamps, (truck, sentiment and flag) truck embossed with silver embossing powder, colored w/markers
Metallic Foil Board -- Silver
Darcie-- Diamond Plate embossing folder
Spellbinders-- A2 Distressed Edges dies
Taylored Expressions -- Hexagon die
Silver metal rhinestones from Michaels

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Connie

8 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Great card Connie. Photographing mirror card is a nightmare.

Stephanie said...

Okay Connie, this card is fabulous! The metal background is fantastic :) Definitely going to keep this in mind for my son's birthday next month. Hugs to you!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, what a GREAT guy card! Your nephew is going to LOVE this one! Great design, and I think the metal in your card looks like it really came off a truck! Amazing! So glad to see you again this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge, sweet friend! Warm hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Connie, your use of metal is absolutely perfect!! I just love the diamond plate behind the truck!! Such a perfect masculine card!! Thanks for sharing with us at ODBD this week!

Linda Carson said...

Wow Connie! That's totally too cool and quite rad!! You're going to win Aunt of the Year with this masculine card! Awesome! Thanks for creating with us again this week at ODBD!

Shirley said...

What a terrific male card!! How creative with the card and your photo too! Glad you did the angle. It is wonderful!

Leslie Miller said...

Masculine perfection, Connie! I just got a similar embossing folder for guy cards. I know you have a lot of guys in your family so you'll get good use out of this. Love how you embossed the truck in silver, too.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Perfect background to that image Connie. Love how masculine it is.