Friday, March 14, 2014

ODBDSLC194

The challenge this week on Our Daily Bread designs was to use purple on our cards, and I have my great niece who is turning 6 next month so I thought the sisters stamp set would be cute for her card.  I think I used every shade of purple I have on this card, LOL!  If you would like to play along with the challenge this week you can read all about it on their Blog HERE .


I embossed the image and the sentiment with clear embossing powder over my purple ink.

Our Daily Bread Designs -- Sisters and Happy Birthday stamp sets
Spellbinders -- Marvelous Squares dies
Fiskars -- Border punch, double layered the punch
DCWV -- Neurtrals mat stack paper
My Mind's Eye -- A Beautiful Life papers
Dashes, Dots n checks -- ribbon

Well Today is my 50th Birthday, I had meant to get this posted yesterday but let's just say yesterday was one of those days that didn't go anything like I had planned.  I was planning on doing a post today of a little give away I want to do, but I don't have a picture yet of what I wanted to include and I have a busy day ahead of me today so I will try and get that posted tomorrow with hopefully my inspiration card also since it will be the 15th of the month, so stay tuned for all of that, hopefully tomorrow.

Hope you all enjoy a great weekend,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and your great encouragements,

Connie

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Connie, Happy Birthday to you :) Be thankful you don't actually have to listen to my singing - haha :)

Have a beautiful birthday, sweet lady. And your card is simply lovely! Hugs to you!

Marie-Louise said...

A very Happy Birthday to you Connie. I do hope your day is wonderful. Beautiful card.

Linda Carson said...

Happy Birthday Connie! I hope you had a extra special day filled w/cake, ice cream and presents! Your card is so sweet! You just can't have enough purple hues on one card! Beautiful design too! Thanks for joining us again this week at ODBD!

SarahGeorge said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you dear Connie. My mom turned 50 couple of months back :) So glad I could wish you on this very special day :)This purple card is just lovely and I'm also a lover of purple shades :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Happy Birthday Connie!! Hope your birthday is as special as you are!!
Your card is beautiful!! I love the different shades of purple all blended together and your dp choices!! That image is perfect for your great niece!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!!
Hugs,
Chris

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, happy birthday, Connie!! Enjoy the day, precious friend!! And what a darling card for your great niece, who is going to LOVE it! It's so sweet in the shades of lavender, and I love your layout and lovely ribbon! So glad you've joined us again this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Enjoy your day!! Warm hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a darling card Connie. Love the silhouette image and the sponging. The scallop border looks great on the side.

Leslie Miller said...

I LOVE the silhouette in purple! So pretty. I see a kitty, too. What a cute image and such a pretty card! Happy belated birthday, Connie! You're just a young chick!