Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring Birthday

My Great Niece will be turning 9, and since it has been such a cold and snowy winter I thought a nice spring card would be nice for her birthday.  I am sorry I don't know the name of this image, a cardmaker friend sent it to me a few years ago, and I finally got around to coloring her.


Magnolia stamped image, colored w/markers
Memory Box -- Picket fence die
Martha Stewart border punched, colored with markers
Fiskars -- cloud punch
Dazzles -- tiny words & phrases, I love how these stickers give the look that you embossed
K& co. -- background paper

Hope you all are having a great weekend, we finally have some sun today so that just gives me a great lift, hope it warms up too :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and sharing your comments,
Connie

12 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, isn't she sweet! I absolutely love the paper you used for the background. It's perfect! Such a darling little scene with the picket fence and the flower border. Very spring like!

Marie-Louise said...

Really cute card Connie.

Linda Carson said...

Adorable! It just reeks of springtime with all the dainty flowers and picket fence! Beautifully colored too!

Stephanie said...

Very cute! The little yellow flowers are adorable :) Hugs to you!

Jerri Jimenez said...

This is totally adorable Connie, your great-niece will love this card.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a darling card Connie. Love that sweet image and the fabulous coloring. The fence looks great with the tiny flowers.

Anonymous said...

Super cute Connie! Coloring and creating scenes is so much fun! TFS!

Becky said...

What an adorable card! That design paper is just perfect for this little scene.

SarahGeorge said...

Wow! This is lovely Connie. You did a great job in coloring the pretty little girl :)

Shirley said...

She is adorable! The fence and flowers are perfect for her! That DP sky is wonderful and the way you used your sentiment is so fun!

Cheryl said...

Awww, this is so sweet! My DD is 9 and she would absolutely love this, so I'm sure your great niece will be thrilled that her sweet aunt made this for her. Fab coloring on the image, perfect dp for the sky, and the die cut fence and flowers look fantastic!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

simply darling card!!!!!
the dsp goes well with the background!!!!
tfs:)