Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The simple things

Sorry I am so late in posting, it has been quite a week. Yesterday was a very humid day, hard to breathe when we went for our walk, after a mile and a half I was feeling very bad, don't know if it was from the heat or something else. I appreciate you coming by even with such big breaks between my posting.



I used a combo of distress markers and inks to watercolor this image.

Art Impression-- Lake house window stamp
DCWV-- Old World Stack
Spellbinders -- Classic Square lg and Labels 22
Forever in time -- buttons
DMC-- Green thread

I have some very hard news to share with you, our friend, Dorcas who had surgery on her heart and then had problems breathing, has died.  Her husband tells us that she was so full of hope and looking so forward to feeling better after her surgery.  I thank all of those who have prayed for her, it means so much to me and if you would like to pray for her Husband Dave who is facing such a great loss I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Connie

11 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Connie. My Deepest Sympathy to your friend's husband and family.

Cindy Lyles said...

The card is just lovely Connie. My heart goes out to you and Dorcas' family.

Stephanie said...

Oh Connie, my heart ache for your loss. Please know you and your friend's family will be in my prayers!

Many hugs to you!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend! It must be hard.
Pretty card. Love that scene and the coloring and the cute buttons.

Leslie Miller said...

I certainly am not one to judge when it comes to infrequent posting. You popped in with a lovely serene card today. Nicely framed and I love the button embellishment. I'm very sorry to hear about Dorcas. That's an awful shock and a huge loss to her husband and all those who loved her.

Shirley said...

Don't even think of apologizing about when you post. I do well if I do one a week. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Connie, and will send prayers of love and peace to her husband too! Your card is beautiful as always and your button treatment is perfect for it too!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

lovely card! I am so sorry for your friend...unfortunately it is the course of life...I am really feeling for her family and specially for her husband...!!!difficult to assimilate. hugs from sunny California
Bibiana

Diane said...

Oh Connie, what sad news about your friend Dorcas. Keeping you in the my thoughts. Wonderful framing on your country card theme.

Hugs Diane

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Beautiful card, Connie!!!
tfs:)
so sorry to hear about your
friend :(

SarahGeorge said...

My deepest sympathy to the friend of your Connie. Your card is very elegant!

Linda Carson said...

Beautifully colored scene and beautifully framed! I'm so sorry about Dorcus. I'd been praying for her recovery and hoped to see a good report. Sorry to be late stopping by. Will pray for her husband, family and friends.