Saturday, November 15, 2014

Cathymac's Inspiration

I started following Cathy after seeing her work on Our daily bread design blog, she is on their design team and she does beautiful work.  Here is the card that I used for my inspiration card today.  I changed it up just a bit but same idea.  The flower I had already made that was left over from another project and thought it worked perfectly here.  Also I have two different papers but they match so well you can hardly tell, so I cut a strip of the cardstock to break them up.


JustRite -- Birthday celebration stamp set, colored w/distress markers, spun sugar and broken china
BasicGrey -- Lilykate papers
Spellbinders -- rose creation die
Sizzix -- scribbles swirls die
Pearl pen -- salmon

I didn't notice until looking at it now that the sentiment looks a bit crocked, I wonder why I didn't notice that before.

Check out Cathy's blog and you will get all kinds of inspiration.

Wow can you believe how much of the country is being hit with all this cold weather and snow.  We are suppose to get some snow starting this afternoon, only a couple of inches but when we are suppose to be in the 50's at this time of year this is crazy. Hope everyone stays safe and warm.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and visit,
Have a wonderful weekend,

Connie

6 comments:

Cathymac said...

You are so sweet, Connie! Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog. I am honored that you chose one of my cards to inspire yours! Love the off set circle panel, the pretty papers and the pretty flower! What a beautiful card that would be appropriate for many different occasions! Hugs!

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Connie.

Susan (rainy) said...

Love Cathy's beautiful inspiration card. But, Connie, you have created a wonderful card, too! Beautiful.

Susan (rainy) said...

Love Cathy's beautiful inspiration card. But, Connie, you have created a wonderful card, too! Beautiful.

Gloria Westerman said...

Pretty!!! Congrats on being a winner over at ChristineCreations...

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, that's pretty how you've been inspired yet you've made it your own. I like the swirlies with the flower. I'm a little nuts about swirly accents. Looks like it's going to freeze here tonight, but nothing very exciting, and then back to rain later this week. I'm okay with that. We need it. Stay cozy!