Thursday, January 22, 2015

Our Friendship

My two little great nieces are so cute together and the one who is getting this card for her birthday has blonde hair and her sister has red, so that is why I went with these colors for their hair :)


After I colored them, I fussy cut them and added foam adhesive to pop them up a bit.

Hot off the press --Janie's girlfriends, Our Friendship stamp colored w/markers
Basic Grey -- Lilykate papers
Spellbinders -- Classic circle lg and Lattice rectangle dies
Paper smooches -- Happy Birthday sentiment stamp
Sequins

I want to thank all of you that said prayers for me and let me know your surgeries were just fine, I really appreciate that.  My Dad had both his eyes done and it is times like this that I really miss being able to talk to him.  The appointment went really well, I like the doctor.  He said there are types of Cataracts that take over 10 years to go bad but mine is a fast moving one, this has all happened over a span of 16 months.  I don't have a surgery date yet, I guess they want to check with my doctor that I am well enough to go through surgery, I am ready to have this done and able to see well again.  Thanks again for all the positive comments :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

7 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave such a sweet comment!! I too have a bad knee and have become fearful of falling in the snow even though I do love snow!!

Hugs,
Deb

Leslie Miller said...

This is so utterly adorable, Connie! The two little girls, blonde and redhead, are so perfect for your niece. Big smiles here! Good luck with the health check and getting that surgery done!

Beth Norman said...

Very cute card. Love how well they are coloured.

I too had cataract surgery and I was scared to death. Well, now I wonder why I was so scared because it went so well and so quick. Like you, mine was fast growing and at 49 years old I had a cataract removed.

Good luck with your surgery.

hugs,

Stephanie said...

Hey Connie! First of all, your card is adorable! And secondly, I will be praying for you as you have this surgery.

Love and hugs!

Cards By Jan said...

Oh what a sweet card...just love your card of friends...the girls are so sweet, and wonderfully coloured!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Connie thanks for popping over lovely card beautiful!!!!
Re the eyes have had both mine done...if you have a good dr doing it and you do as you are told re drops you should be right... I had issues on first one cos of my reaction to one of drops but that was no major problem. My dr just rearranged it all.
I pray it all go smoothly for you. My eyes were bad esp right one couldn't get over improvement. I was young to have them done but do have other eye conditions.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

SarahGeorge said...

That's really sweet.. Very cute card Connie. Hope you will be better soon.