Saturday, January 31, 2015

Quail

This one went out to my nephew who is quite the outdoors man, when I saw the stamp I thought of him.  Did a search on their colors, think I went a little too much on the orange side of brown on the heads though.  I also used my white pitt pen to add some of the white streaks they have.



Serendpity stamps -- Quail stamp, colored w/markers
Faber Castell -- white pitt pen
DCWV -- Old World stack paper and Burlap papers
Spellbinders -- A2 matting basics B, A2 Distressed edges
Photo Corners
Queen & co. -- Gold Jellies

They say we are in for some snow, but only about an inch.  We are a bit behind in our rainfall totals around these parts.  Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Have a wonderful weekend.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by, love hearing from you,

Connie

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a great card, Connie! I love the burlap behind the picture - it sets everything off nicely.

Have a blessed Sunday! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

It's a good thing you're so clever with these masculine cards seeing as how you always find yourself in need of them. The quail are beautiful and I love the burlap panel. Still haven't cut into my burlap paper. I need to make that a priority.

SarahGeorge said...

I had the same words as Stephanie, if only I didn't see her comment! The first thing came to mind was, "what a great card"! :) Absolutely beautiful Connie. I have a blog candy, would love you to visit :)

pam said...

Brilliant card for a man Connie, great image and layout..
Hate doing men cards.

Pam x

Faye Henry said...

Burlap is so pretty.. You do a great work.. xo

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Connie. That image is really nice... great coloring... the soft sponging looks wonderful.