Thursday, March 5, 2015

More Challenges

I have a couple more cards I did for challenges with my on line cardmaking group.

The first we were to use old stamps (at least 3 years old) with a new to us technique.  The stamps I used here was the first set I bought in a store and I am thinking it was when we lived in New Jersey and they had an AC Moore there.  They don't have any name on them and instead of being on wood blocks they are mounted on clear blocks.
Here is a picture of them, maybe some of you bought these over 10 years ago.


My new technique was using my Tim Holtz spritzer to add a bit more water splashes to the background.  I masked off the images first so I didn't have splatter marks on them too.


I didn't put a sentiment on it because I didn't have anyone in mind when I made it or what I would use it for.
Spellbinders -- A2 matting basics A&B dies
Distress ink -- tumbled glass
Distress marker in the Spritzer was broken china

On this next challenge she showed a picture of a stencil and with our stamps we were to reproduce the look of the stencil.  I also combined this image with another challenge to use at least 3 different types of coloring medium in a project.


I used paints, H20's, pigment ink, FaberCastell white pitt artist pen and my spritzer again.
Here is the stencil we had to work from:


While writing out this blog entry we got a call that my Father in law is in the hospital again with Heart Failure.  It is so hard when you live 9 hours away from family.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

10 comments:

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love the stencil. great challenges and thanks for remind us to work with the spritzer ...sorry for your family concerns and health issues. Hoping the best for you and yours
hugs bibana

Connie said...

Good Morning Connie,
Your cards are great! The first one certainly makes me long for spring . . . then I remembered that last night my Steve said that the forecast is 65 for Saturday. I'll believe that when I feel the sunshine warming my poor old cold body, LOL. I hope that they are right, it sure would be nice and a great time to get some more yard work done. You did an amazing job of copying that stencil . . . I like your version better :)
Have a great weekend and thanks for sharing your art with us.
Connie :)

Debbie said...

little works of art!! these should be in frames...i hope the people who receive them frame em'!!!!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Love your cards!

Marie-Louise said...

Two brilliant cards Connie. The first one is just so cute. Hope your father in law feels better soon.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, you are so talented. Love your cards and the details you used.
Hope your father in law improves and is well again soon. Saying a prayer for him.
Hugs, CM

Leslie Miller said...

Your spritzing is the perfect addition to this image, and such a cute image it is. You know I love seeing the old stuff. You did an amazing job with reproducing the stencil image, too. I hope your father-in-law recovers quickly from this episode. My heart goes out to you and your husband when I know it is such a helpless feeling.

Diane said...

Morning Connie, two fabulous designs.

Hugs Diane

Cards By Jan said...

Hi Connie...I LOVE your cards, especially the ones with the cool bokeh BG's...Looks like fun to do....

Awesome!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

delightfully CUTE!!!!
love the spritzing!!!!
tfs:)