Sunday, May 31, 2015

Digital challenge

My card making group is having another week of challenges and I decided to host one this time, my first.... while trying to decide what to do, my hubby said I could use one of his pictures if I would like.  The original picture was drawn on I think 9 1/2 by 13 paper, so he had to shrink it quite a bit, this is a 3 " image that I fussy cut.  I choose this image because he named it Summer Breeze.  I colored it with markers.



Image -- drawn by my hubby, printed out and colored w/markers
Poppy Stamps -- stitched landscapes die
Memory Box -- Bare Saplings die
Taylored Expressions-- Flower box sprigs and flowers dies
Dee Distinctively -- Tree Toppers dies
Stickles -- vintage photo
Pop Dots -- for tree leaves and top of head

I did a little inking of a hill in the background and blue skies and inking on the landscape die and tree leaves.

Hope your enjoying a good weekend.  Although it is cloudy today, they are saying no more rain, so after church we are going to try and tackle the lawn while we have a break from the rain, hope if you have had  a lot of rain lately you are getting a little break too.

Thanks so much for taking the time out to stop by, Love hearing from you,

Connie

9 comments:

handmade by amalia said...

So, talent runs in your family. Another beautiful card.
Amalia
xo

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, what a beautiful card, and what a beautiful drawing by your husband! Yes, artistic talent runs in your family! Hugs!

Krystal Kats said...

Hi Connie,

Yes send us some rain!! I hope you're enjoying your last day of May, can you believe it! and your card is so cute. I love the lady, that is really pretty. I love to stamp paper doll and ladies, mermaids and that kind of thing, Have a wonderful day! God Bless you, hope you are doing fine. Hugs

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Very pretty!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave such a sweet comment!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Monika/Buzsy said...

How pretty! It looks like a mini art work. Great images, dimensions... the tiny flowers look wonderful. They look like they are part of her dress. :)

Susan (rainy) said...

WOW! That is so amazing that your hubby drew this wonderful image. You've made such a beautiful card with it, too. LOVE!

Debbie said...

Such a cute card, it's nice to have a supporting group!!

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, another of your hubby's talents comes out! I love how you placed the flowers. She definitely looks like a summer breeze!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

oh wow he draw the image? that is impressive, love the card very different and unusual
bibiana