Sunday, May 24, 2015

Thumping Technique

My cardmaking group had another challenge to use thumping technique on your card.   I was in need of another sympathy card so I decided to use this technique on that card. You can google and probably find better instructions but the short of it is to take your water based markers and color your stamp, then take another color and just pounce the second color over it and stamp onto your paper, I did the technique on the flowers and the stems using distress markers. The vellum has been heat embossed with white embossing powder.



Unity Stamp Company -- Insightful Meadow, colored w/distress markers
Spellbinders -- Classic Ovals and Floral ovals dies
My Mind's eye -- Indie chic paper
Taylored Expressions -- Care & comfort stamp sentiment
Bazzill -- Brads

I hope we can all take out time tomorrow to think about all the men and woman who gave their life for our freedom, and their families who miss them so much.

Thanks so much for stopping by, look forward to hearing from you,

Connie

7 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! This is especially pretty, Connie! Beautiful use of the thumping technique. I don't think anyone could have explained it better. Such pretty, warm colors you used. Love the background paper and the die cut frame.

Christine said...

All in all it is very pretty and your technique is great!

Faye Henry said...

Just lovely, Connie.. I always love your cards.. xo

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, I agree with Leslie that you explained this perfectly! What a beautiful card and one that is so lovely as we remember all those who have given their lies for our freedom...and as we remember their families! I love your card and your heart, dear friend! Hugs!

magnoliasntea said...

Beautiful card, Connie! So much better than what we can buy in stores.
We are fiercely patriot and come from a long line of servicemen, and yes, some of them gave all for our freedom. Glad to see you feel the same.
Have a wonderful Memorial Day

c said...

It is a beautiful card. I've never dabbled in paper medium but am a fabric lover. I always get a little miffed when i see someone say Happy Memorial day, when it is a day of saddened than thanks for all our fallen soldiers who gave us the greatest sacrifice their lives, glad you feel the same too. Thanks for stopping by my blog and liking me front garden and green house.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Connie. Love the pretty flower with the different colors. Great technique. The oval frame is lovely.