Thursday, June 11, 2015

ODBDSLC242

I will finish sharing my other challenges from my group but I wanted to get this sketch challenge that I did over at Our Daily Bread Designs posted today. You have until Sunday evening if you want to play along.



This card is going out to my brother for his birthday, He is going through some health issues and I am hoping that this sentiment is good for both birthday and what he is going through.

Our daily bread designs -- Surging Sea and All occasions sentiment stamp sets, image colored with distress inks and water and watercolor paper
Stickles -- waterfall added to the water
October Afternoon -- Seaside papers
Fiskars -- Upper crest border punch with added gold ink
Brad on compass

I have not been feeling well ever since Sunday it gets better and worse depending on what I am doing. I have started some new medicine so I am wondering if that is what is causing it but my hubby and best friend had a touch of it too, just not as bad as I have it so I really don't know what is going on, so hard when you want to do things but your body is telling you no.

Hope you all are well and thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts,

Connie

13 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

You made such a nice birthday card. I do hope that you get well and feel better soon!
Julie

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful card.

Stephanie said...

Your brother is going to love this card, Connie...it's lovely and manly all rolled into one :)

I am so sorry to hear you have not been feeling well :( Please know that you will be in my prayers... Love and hugs!

Debbie said...

this looks and sounds like the perfect card for your brother right now. i'm sure you will fill it with some beautiful and encouraging words.

i hope you are feeling better, being sick/not feeling well, no fun at all!!! have a nice, restful weekend!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, I'm so sorry that you aren't feel well. That sure isn't fun, and I pray that God will restore you to health again, along with your hubby and best friend. What a wonderful card for your brother. I agree that it is a handsome card with this ship, and what a precious sentiment for him as he celebrates his birthday but also as a reminder that God is always there to care for us in all the little ways. Hugs, sweet friend, and take it easy! Hugs!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful!! Thanks again for visiting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Connie, that is a very nice birthday card. Your brother will be sure to enjoy it. Hope you are feeling better soon. There is always some kind of bug going around. Happy Weekend..Judy

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great masculine card
bibiana

Susan (rainy) said...

Hope you are feeling better soon, Connie. Your card for your brother is perfect. The sentiment is beautiful and encouraging for him, too.

Leslie Miller said...

An absolutely wonderful masculine card and you had the perfect papers! You're so good with these guy cards, Connie. Sorry to hear you've been feeling funky. Hope that's better by now. I'm a little behind.

Kelley said...

Wonderful card!!! I sure hope you are feeling better!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card, Connie!! I just love the ship and the encouraging sentiment!! Such a beautiful take on the sketch!! The recipient will love it!! Thanks for playing with ODBD's sketch. I hope you feel better!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

another awesome card!!!!
I am sure he'll love it!!!!
tfs:)