Saturday, November 7, 2015

Feathered Friends

My hubby's sister likes birds and she can tell you the name of almost any bird, myself I just enjoy birds, don't really know the names of many of them.  So that is why I went with this die cut bird and since I probably wouldn't have colored it the way it really should be I just cut him out of a patterned paper so it can be anyone's guess :)


Cheery Lynn Designs -- Feathered Friends die
Prima -- Doily die
Spellbinders -- A2 Matting basicsA die
Sizzix -- Branch w/leaves die
Lilybee design -- Head over heels paper
Penny Black -- sentiment stamp

We had a bit of frost last night, I guess this weekend it will be time to dump the flowers in my pots and get them cleaned up and stored away for next year, so sad when you have to take all that down for the winter it just looks so bare outside., so nice to have decorations up in the house, that way you can hold onto fall as long as you want :)

Hope you enjoy a fun and creative weekend,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say Hi, so good to hear from you,

Connie

11 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What lovely layers! Good compromiise on the bird. I think many bird stamps take artistic license when drawing birds (I have one that is a big mix of different birds, but definitely not a real bird) but some literalist might not understand. TFS!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Absolutely gorgeous Connie! I like the sheet music BG paper and the beautiful doily and die cuts. I L O V E using birds in my creations too; (I am finishing one up today) Thanks for sharing!

Christine said...

Another great card Connie! I love the combination and how they work together so well!
I'm like you as I don't know the names of many birds but enjoy them all the same!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, what a beautiful card, and I just love that Prima doily die! Wow, I see they will be restocked in 2016. I can see why...gorgeous! And I love your bird (and I'm with you about knowing the names - haha!). But your SIL will love it, and I like how you've made him/her from DP. Beautifully done! I'm so sorry that you are getting cold enough to have to dump your flowers! We are still in the mid- to upper-80's during the day and mid-70's at night. We are so spoiled, but we love it (and really struggle with the cold). Perhaps you might consider getting an African violet if you have a southern exposure window. I love them and have two on my kitchen window sill...they are gorgeous! Hugs, sweet friend!

Debbie said...

A clever card...I really like the addition of the sheet music!!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

very very nice, that doily on the back is gorgeous too
hugs bibiana

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful!! Love anything with music sheet paper and lace!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

Marie-Louise said...

Super card Connie. Such a good idea to use the patterned paper for the bird. Afraid the weather has changed here also. It is now cold wet and windy.

Leslie Miller said...

This is a beautiful card, Connie! Good idea to do the bird from designer paper. I love birds, too, but only know names of the more common ones and I'm always afraid to color them. Cutesy ones are easy, but if they're realistic... I'm the same with butterflies. Always love musical paper or dies or embossing with birds, too. And your doily is gorgeous. My blooms are long gone, but there's a holly tree outside my kitchen window that's covered with red berries, so we still have color. Hunker down for the cold weather and stay cozy!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Beautiful card Connie!

Luci said...

Very pretty card!