Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Happy and Dresses

One of the girls in my on line card making group gifted me some words die cuts to use on my cards, and this is one of them.  Also awhile back I did a bunch of backgrounds using this stencil and I used them in different ways, this one I just sponged the gold ink through it, so that is why I went with a gold paper for the flower, which I did a little shaping on it to give it a little lift :)


Stencil sponged with gold ink
Recollections -- lace on a roll
Happy -- die cut
Spellbinders -- Rose creation die
Bazzill -- brad
Inkadinkado -- Greetings/Salutations sentiment stamp

Daniela did a post on civil war dresses and it reminded me of the dresses I took pictures of at the Lincoln Museum we went to, so I thought I would share some pictures I took of the dresses in that time period.  If you are into that kind of stuff it is a real interesting read and you can find it HERE on her blog .  At the end of all her posts you can read it in English.


The only one I have of Mrs. Lincoln in her dress has me in the shot too, my hubby took this one of me.  These were not all her dresses it was others that came to the white house too, but I don't have the information and I can't remember.




I will have to say this last one was my favorite, I just loved the color, lace and the stitching, which is why I got a close up.



After taking the picture I realized I have this same pattern on the shower curtain off my master bedroom, except the flowers on my curtain are pinks and burgundy's, I just thought that was too funny.

I was going to share my Prom dress and wedding dress in this post but I would have to find them and scan them and I knew that wouldn't happen anytime soon so maybe I will share in another post, they were both hooped dresses also, and I made my poor bridesmaids wear them too.  Can you tell I just love this style of dress.

Well that is it for me today, we have some rough weather coming this evening they are telling us, high winds and possible tornado's, It is suppose to hit while I will be at the church for Ladies Bible study, which is safer than here since we have it in the classrooms in the basement of the church and here at home I don't have a basement.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and let me know you have,

Connie

10 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, I love your card and the simple elegance with the word die! And I really love that flower and the colors. And oh wow! I do love those dresses too and have long admired them. It must have been an interesting time in those days to get strapped into those dresses. They surely needed someone to tighten it all up. But having said that, they are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them and the photo of you when you visited! Hugs!

Christine said...

A lovely card that makes me happy when I see it! Blues & golds are great togetherness!
I loved seeing those dresses too! When I think that many of them were hand stitched I am amazed!
Thanks for sharing!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Delightful card Connie!! What a great font for the sentiment~
I also like browns and blues together!
The dresses are spectacular! Can't imagine walking in one of those! (You'd need a lot of room! ; )
Thanks for sharing and thanks for all your visits too Connie~ Karen O

Diane said...

Really lovely design Connie, gosh those gowns are just gorgeous. I bet they are really heavy also.

Hugs Diane

Anonymous said...

Connie, I love working with die cutting. I've only been doing so for a few months. Your card is so cheery!

Love all the dresses. Oh my weren't they gorgeous! I can't imagine that they were very comfortable though.

Debbie said...

It's a beautiful card Connie, I love the colors!! The dresses are lovely, but I'm glad I don't have to wear them;)

Stay safe, sounds like some rocky weather is coming!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, those dresses are gorgeous! The last one is my favorite, too, but I also love the red and white ruffly one. It's a lot of heavy fabric to pack around, and they were all corseted up, too. Glad we're allowed to be more comfortable now. "Happy" is a wonderful word and you made a darling card with it. Pretty background with the gold. I'm just now starting to collect a few word dies. I always like the way they look.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Connie,
Beautiful dresses!! Thanks so much for sharing them as I love these things...
Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Dbe

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

A very pretty card, Connie - love the gold! Such beautiful dresses and isn't that fun that you have the same shower curtain! I have a feeling it is going to end up as a dress someday! Lol! I love that era - 'Gone With the Wind' is my very favorite book and movie. I make my hubby watch it every now and again with me....although he has a tendency to fall asleep by the 2nd hour :) Hope to see your dresses soon. Praying you stay safe, my dear. Hugs xo Karen

Daniela said...

My darling, you've done such a beautiful gift to me ... indeed, two gifts, one making me realize that you've truly enjoyed my post about Civil War dresses, the other posting the photographs you mentioned to me, oh, I love them so much, I've been watching them so many times !!!

I hope your weekend is filled with joy and wonder
sending dear love with gratitude
Dany