Monday, November 23, 2015

Live for today

My great nephew turned 11,  these preteen and teen cards for boys are hard for me to do but this is what I came up with, the paper, tag and sentiments are all from the same paper pack I just cut the tag and words out and inked around the words and popped them up on the tag.  Added balloons to give it a bit of celebration feel :)



Recollections -- Awesome boy paper
Taylored expressions -- balloon die (string hand drawn)
Dazzles -- Black Dots

Looks like tomorrow is going to be the pick day as far as decent temperature to put up our Christmas lights and decorations outside.  When we were younger we always waited until after Thanksgiving to do that but the older we get we have just decided whatever day in the forecast looks the best just before or after is when they go up.  But I refuse to turn them on until Thanksgiving eve.  Then the tearing down of all my fall stuff inside starts and then Christmas goes up.  Do you have any traditions on how you decorate for these holidays?

Hope you enjoyed your weekend and the week ahead is full of Family and Friends and creative time!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts,

Connie

7 comments:

Christine said...

Great card for a young man, Connie! I love the tags on it!
We are looking forward to putting up our tree but not until December!

Debbie said...

this is an awesome card connie!!! you're right about buying cards for male teens, so difficult and a little mushy for the boys i know!!!

love the colors and the layout and the balloons that add just the right pop of color!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Fabulous inspiration for all of us for a pre-teen or teen boy card, Connie! Yes, they are the most difficult to come up with. You have a lot of boys/men in your family it seems, so you get a lot of practice. This is great! Our outdoor lights will go up when Rich's back can handle it, I guess. He's getting better.

Stephanie said...

Very, very cute for a young boy. You know I love seeing your boyish or many cards because I can never come up with designs for the guys. You are an inspiration :)

Love and hugs to you!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, what a great card for a young man. Perfectly designed.
Usually every year I start to decorate inside and out the day after Thanksgiving, but this year, I started early because I am doing a home tour with the Texas blog hop for Christmas and needed to get things done. However, we will not turn on the lights till Thanksgiving evening.
Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving. xo

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, I thought I had a lot of boys in our family, but you sure have more! And I love this idea for your nephew using the popped words and the balloons! And it will encourage him reading these qualities! Yes, it's that time to start decorating for Christmas, but we too (as we get older) are doing less each year. But we always love having Christmas lights on the house. My mom using to start on the day after Thanksgiving by putting on one red item, and it crescendoed on Christmas Eve when they had an open house filled with family and friends. It was her favorite time of year - entertaining and having people get together. I miss that! But time goes on, and we have new traditions. Hope you and Greg have a wonderful weekend, sweet friend! Hugs!

Daniela said...

I love so much your fancy which allows you to create cards in every kid of style, you're marvellous !
Thank you for sharing all your works, my wonderful fried, I'm always in awe every time I come and visit you here,
sending blessings on your end of the week
Dany