Thursday, November 5, 2015

Simple Joys

I didn't get around to posting all the masculine cards I made for my October birthdays before the challenges started with my card making group.

I do like how this one turned out a little more than the last one I did for my other nephew but I could really use some classes on how to color reflection in water, I will have to search that on you tube maybe someone has posted a video on it, I learn much more by watching video's than reading how to do things.


Both stamps were again bought at my stamp stores yard sale and I can see why one of the ladies sold the sentiment stamp, as many times as I stamped it out I couldn't get the last part of joys to stamp even giving it extra pressure so that part I hand wrote copying it from the stamp. I tried looking up what the name of the image stamp is and I really couldn't find it, but I think it may be Lake with Loons.

Northwoods -- stamp from 2002, colored with markers
Mini perfect layers for framing of the image
My mind's eye -- Lost and found two paper
RI designs -- sentiment stamp
Dew drops

We have had a few foggy starts to the morning but today the sun is shining, looks like it is going to be a nice sunny day until the rain comes in later.

Wow another week almost over, it is going by way to quickly.  Hope all is well wherever you are.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and then letting me know you did, love hearing from you,

Connie

10 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful! I think it turned out so pretty, including your reflection. Enjoy the videos, though! Too bad about the sentiment. You'd never know to look at it here. You did a good fix. She shouldn't have sold it if she knew it was bad, tsk tsk.

Anonymous said...

Connie, what a beautiful scene! Very tranquil. :-)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, I love this card and the quote is perfect with the pretty scene. You do such wonderful work. Have a great evening. We are having tornadoes here tonight.
xo

Kelly-Anne said...

Hello dear Connie! My, I see I haven't stopped by in such a long time... I have missed blog reading...some changes have been taking place in our home, and my time has been limited, so how fun to visit you again today!
I love the colours you chose for this card...masculine cards always have me stumped! LOL! And the sentiment is lovely...what a shame about the stamp being damaged, though...
Take pleasure in the life's simple joys...amen to that!
Have a truly blessed and lovely weekend!
Big hugs,
Kelly-Anne

Debbie said...

this is a great card for a guy. i like the colors, balance and the use of thirds!!!!

Roosterhead Designs said...

What a wonderful card Connie! Your color-work is beautiful and truly artistic!
I also like how well you 'framed' the image~ Have a nice week-end! Karen O

Cathymac said...

This card is beautiful and the reflection looks wonderful, Connie! What a stunning masculine card. I'm sure your nephew will love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog...I'm always encouraged by your sweet comments!

Daniela said...

Another wonderful card, my sweetest Connie, you're truly an artist making everything with your heart, bless you !
Thank you for sharing your masterpieces, darling!
Sending love and hugs to wish you and your dears a lovely end of the week
Dany

Diane said...

Wonderful masculine colors and design Connie.

Hugs Diane

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, here's another beautiful masculine card, and I so love this Northwoods stamp. It does remind me of loons (and I remember the movie "On Golden Pond"). Beautifully colored, and I love the layout and the stripes. Yes, too bad about that sentiment. But I would never have noticed that. It's perfect. Hope you have a wonderful week, my friend! Hugs!