Monday, November 30, 2015

Vintage Roses

I am sorry when I mentioned the MISTI in my last post I forgot I hadn't shared here that I received an early Christmas present (I realized I put birthday in my last post I meant Christmas) from my hubby.  I shared it with my on line card making group and was thinking I shared it here too.  When I asked my hubby for it and showed him what it was he said don't you want to get that before Christmas while making all your cards and I really did so I have been enjoying playing with it and it has helped so much, I don't know how many times I haven't been happy with stamping of a sentiment or a second stamp that I used with another but was to afraid to try and line it up again because I could never get it just right, I even had problems using my stamp a ma jig.  With this no problems I am happy with this purchase even though it was more than I wanted to spend but that's what Birthdays and Christmas presents are for, to get things you wouldn't normally spend that kind of money on....right?   HERE IS A LINK if you want to check out what I am talking about, there are many you tube video's out there too :)

For my nephews wife, I thought I would try stamping my triple stamped flowers using the Misti this time and it worked very well for me, a lot easier to line up when you can lay the stamp right where you want it instead of looking through a block and hoping you have it lined up right, at least for me it is so much easier. She is also a cardmaker in our family.



Altenew -- Vintage Roses stamps, used dye and chalk inks
Hero Arts -- sentiment stamp
Spellbinders -- Labels 8 and Decorative labels 8 dies
Raspberry Road Designs -- paper from cardmaking and papercraft mag.
Offray -- ribbon
Gems

I hope you had an enjoyable weekend, we are still trying to get through this rain but they are saying we should see the sun tomorrow, I so do miss seeing it.  Wishing you all a fabulous week to come!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and your sweet comments!

Connie

10 comments:

Roosterhead Designs said...

It's a beautiful card Connie!! I love all the great detail. And I checked out the MISTI and think it's wonderful! I don't do too much stamping but some for sure, and I think I would def. do more if I had one! : ) Have a nice week Connie. ~Karen O

Oliva Ohlson said...

Happy Belated Birthday Connie!!! The card is beautiful and I know your nephew's wife will love and truly appreciate your artwork!
I have never heard of a Misti...what an incredible stamping tool and worth every penny! Have a great day!

Daniela said...

My blessed friend, you know how much I do love vintage things, and your roses make this card so very important and precious, I truly love it !
With so much gratitude I wish you a wonderful day
sending dear love
Dany

Debbie said...

i completely understand the difficulty with stamps, especially words. this card is beautiful, roses are "one" of my favorite flowers!!!

i love when it rains, but just one day, every now and again. we have two days of rain coming, i have lot's of indoor things plained!!!!

Christine said...

A lovely lace like edge sets off the card so well! It's very pretty & feminine!
Hope you see the sun tomorrow- I've had enough rain but we've more ahead!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful vintage roses and the perfect designer paper and framing for them! I've heard so many good things about the MISTI. It's going to really help you get your Christmas cards done.

Anonymous said...

Connie, your blog title spoke to me - anything vintage and hearts must be beautiful! Thank you for the MISTI info!

Alex said...

Oh Happy belated Birthday, Connie! I am glad you got your present before Christmas - your husband is a dear! I have never understood how you can be accurate with stamping, the gadget must be a big help. Your rose card is lovely...I can almost smell a rose scent!
Autumn rains bringing grey heavy skies can seem like they go on forever. We have had the same. At least there won't be a water shortage!
Keep cosy indoors!

Kim said...

I always love visiting you and seeing what lovely card you have made each week. Your rose card is so pretty. Those roses evoke a lovely vintage feel.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, this is beautiful, and I just love the colors you've used for your multi-step roses! Lovely die and background too! Yes, the MISTI is such a wonderful tool, and I just love Iliana and her heart as well! So glad Greg gave you this as a gift...you deserve it! Hugs, sweet friend!