Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas in the woods

I just got back last night from a trip back to Michigan to visit with my Father in law, sister in law and brother in law, then the next day it was to see my brothers and sisters.  The time goes by so quickly, but it was fun!  I forgot to schedule a post for this weekend, but everyone received their cards so I can post them now :)


Have you seen the cards using the stampin up embossing folders, I just thought they would make a great Christmas card.  HERE is a link to some of the cards using the image.  I don't have that embossing folder but I do have one from Darcie so I first tried that, I made three of these.


I inked the embossing folder before embossing to get the tan background.  I just wasn't as happy with them, so I tried using my birch tree die for the background instead and some tan cardstock for the background and was a little happier with my results. The birds wing was colored a little darker with ink before gluing it onto the bird and I colored his beak with a marker.  Added a little grey chalk to the trees.


I was a bit happier with these so I went ahead and made the other 7 I needed using this design. These went out to my brothers and sisters and my hubby's brothers and sisters and my father in law.

I lost my list of supplies so I hope I have this is correct from Memory :)

Taylored Expressions -- Birch Tree die and Accessories dies (bird)
Poppystamps -- Stitched Landscapes (snow)
Darcie -- Birch tree embossing folder
Glitter Glue (walmart)  for snow
Sentiment stamp -- from cardmaking and paper craft magazine

Thanks so much for stopping by, I know how busy things are this time of year.  I have a lot to get finished before my daughter and son in law arrived Wednesday night.  I may be a little late getting to everyone's post but I will get to them :)

Connie


11 comments:

Daniela said...

This is the most beautiful time of the year also because we do enjoy our family, that is not very usual with our busy lives, but the magic of Christmas slows our times a little and we all may enjoy each other !
Your cards are always stunning, darling Connie, thank you for sharing them with us, they're are always a so nice surprise to me.

May your day be filled with joy
Dany

Christine said...

Hi Connie! I adore your Christmas card design! The cardinal in the trees is just so pretty!
Glad you had a nice time visiting family even if it might have been hectic!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Soo absolutely gorgeous Connie!!! Love both designs~ Cardinals are my fave- and I love how the trees look so authentic; so beautiful. Love your work! ~Karen O

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, your cards are just beautiful. Love the color and the pop of red with the sweet cardinal. Always a favorite of mine to have a cardinal in a pic. Your designs and work is always outstanding.
Sounds like you had a great time in Michigan. The weather has been unseasonably warm there for this time of year. Blessings xo

Debbie said...

It's a beautiful card Connie, so much thoughtfulness and love!! What a great way to showcase the cardinal!!

Alex said...

Heya, Connie- can I say how MUCH I love your birch tree and bird design? The simplicity really appeals to me, and the natural theme. I would buy this for all my Christmas cards if I saw it in the shops! Well done!
It is such a busy time...we all have a wish to give the warmest of welcomes to our families and friends, I'm the same.
I have been a rubbish blogger lately, so sorry for that! I am still getting used to the new place, plus we will be very busy for Christmas.
Many blessings!

Luci said...

What a pretty card, especially with the just-right-red pop of color with the little bird! Love it!

Diane said...

Happy holidays Connie, what an adorable design and love the red bird.

Hugs Diane

Haddock said...

The trees stand out and that makes it look appealing.
Happy Christmas.

Leslie Miller said...

What a serene and peaceful feeling these both give me, Connie. I love both cards -- the softness of the first and the clarity of the second.

http://stilusessaywriting.com/ said...

This post card is sooo great! This pretty red bird makes this card look so special! You did a great thing!