Before our week of challenges one of the girls in the stamping group said she wanted to make a banner for valentines and she was challenging the rest of us to do one too, well I had been wanting to make one and sometimes you just need a challenge to get you to finally do it. I had an idea of what I wanted to do already but one of the things to the challenge was to have stamping and I wasn't quite sure how I was going to add stamping to it, I showed my hubby what I had done so far and he said the background on the white banners were to bare I should stamp a light background on them, so I have to thank him for the great idea!
Here is a closeup of one of the letters, I used a distressed text background stamp on them.
I used scraps of fabric and ribbon in between the letters, you have to have lace on a valentine banner right :) and I added a row of pearl stickers across the top of the lace too. The letters are all dies. I had glued them on before stamping so when I stamped over them it gave a bit of a halo around the letters. I used my crop a dile to cut holes into the burlap paper so I could string the twine through.
DCWV -- Burlap backed paper
Spellbinders -- Baby buntings and Font one dies
Glitz designs -- distressed background stamp set
Recollections -- bling on a roll
Shading around the banner was done with vintage photo distress inks
I am sharing this today on Apple Apricot Simply Neutrals and with Stephanie's Roses of Inspiration link up parties. Stop by these blogs and just soak up all the inspiration and beautiful creations and pictures!
Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by,