Tuesday, March 1, 2016

So sweet

I am sharing another card I made for one of my dear blogger friends that I met through Stephanie's link up party. Daniela is always so sweet in her comments on my cards and just brings a smile to my face whenever she comes and visits. I really enjoy visiting her blog also and reading all the interesting posts she has on History, I will have to admit when I was young and in school, I did bad in History maybe it was because I have a bad memory and having to try to remember all the facts and dates really frustrated me, but as I got older I am actually very interested in History, can I tell you dates, well probably not, but I find it all interesting and don't worry that I can't remember all details and dates :)  She was sweet enough to write it all in English at the end of her posts, do go by her blog HERE and see for yourself :)

I had an idea already in mind for Dany to make a card but then I posted a card in blue and she said how much she loved the color and papers I had used so I ended up going in a totally different way with this card.


I stamped the image twice and colored then cut out a few of the flowers to give them a bit of dimension, I hope you can see that in the picture below.  Die cut a couple of tags and stamped a heart on the blue one and did the sentiment on the white one and layered them together, I punched holes on either side of the stem and brought the string through to tie the tags onto the card.  Of course you have to add lace and pearls :) I added some clear glitter to the flower centers but you can't really see that in the pictures.   I forgot to measure the card but I believe it was 5x6 1/2 inches.



Rubber stampede -- Hydrangea stamp, colored with markers
Spellbinders -- Majestic Labels 25
Lace
Wink of stella -- clear glitter pen
Queen & co. -- Pearls

I am sharing my post today over at Stephanie's Roses of Inspiration Link up , I hope you have time to stop by and check out the other posts and Stephanie is also running a 20% off her etsy store, you can find the link over on her blog, she has some really cute Easter goodies right now and to get them 20% off until tomorrow is a great deal so hop over and check out what she has!


We have to go to the DMV this morning, I have to get an eye test before they will give me another drivers license and we have to get stickers for both our vehicles, crossing my fingers it isn't one of those days where we sit for hours in there.  It is raining today so I can't do anything outside anyway.

Hope your week is off to a good start, thanks so much for stopping by today,

Connie

16 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your card is just lovely! I like the flower and the great layers of die cuts you picked. Good luck at the DMV!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, your card is absolutely gorgeous, and I love the colors you've used and the amazing way you've added dimension by fussy cutting some of the blossoms and popping them up. And what a beautiful fancy die you've used and a lovely piece of lace! Absolutely stunning, sweet friend! Hope you don't have to wait forever in the DMV! Hugs!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, Oh Daniela will love this beautiful card you created. She is such a dear and I enjoy her blog too and the visits from her on my blog. She is one of the sweetest friends in blogland and your card is so fitting for her.
Love the hydrangea surrounded by the detailed designer border. Pretty color too.
So sweet of you to promote Stephanie's sale too. She is another of our dearest in blogland and love this day for Roses of Inspiration.
Have a blessed day dear one and Happy March to you and yours. xo

Debbie said...

the card is GORGEOUS!!!!!! i really love these colors and hydrangeas are one of my favorites....although i do say that about all the flowers ;)

good luck at dmv, ours is better now that each station has it's own computer!!!!

Christine said...

Oh I really love what you've created for ?Dany! It's beautifully made & the colours just seem to remind me of her gracious ways!
So very sweet & thoughtful of you, Connie!

Stephanie said...

Dearest Connie, you are such a good and kind friend. You never cease to amaze me with your love.

Dany is such a beautiful lady and her kindness known no bounds! I, too, am always touched and blessed by her comments and the love she pours into her blog posts. The card you made for her is stunning :)

Thank you for being YOU and for blessing the lives of so many. And thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a perfectly lovely card, Connie! Dany is going to treasure it! I just started following her beautiful blog. Hope your time at the DMV went by fast! I get to renew this fall....getting new glasses next week so I can pass the test! Hope the rest of your week has some sweet blessings, my dear. xx Karen

Daniela said...

My precious Connie,
you truly don't stop touching my heart and moving me !
I read all the comments on this wonderful, stunning card you've made and sent me, and I cannot believe that so many friends of ours love me so to the point to write such beautiful words about me ....
As for your card, I'm preparing a surprise for you, you have to be patient, my darling, but I hope you'll like and appreciate it.

With neverending gratitude, I wish you a most wonderful remainder of your week,
thinking of you with so much love and joy !|
Dany

Esther Asbury said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love the shades of blue you used on your lovely card!

Roosterhead Designs said...

The dimension is brilliant Connie; and the card is simply gorgeous! I love the saturated colors and how the white sets it off so beautifully! ~ Karen O

Elizabethd said...

So lovely. I have recently started simple card making, but yours are so professional.

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

What a beautiful card Connie, I love the dimension that you added. The colour is gorgeous too, very rich.

Linda Carson said...

Love this elegant beauty! Perfect color (my favorite), coloring and love the added dimension on the flowers!

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful stamp and beautiful coloring. Love the dies framing it. I'm the same way about history. Fascinated by it now. It's all in the way it's presented. I have to wonder how interested in it my history teachers were. I remember a lot of droning on and on, reciting dates, and giving us the edited and cleaned up version of history. Really not that interesting. These days I can't get enough of it.

Kim said...

Just Gorgeous!! 'Tis sublime, actually. I adore the beautiful blue Hydrangeas and all the pretty cut out patterns. You never cease to amaze me each time with the myriad of beautiful cards you dream up, Connie. I too adore reading Daniella's blog. It is always filled with much beauty and the most fascinating facts.

Betty said...

Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers, and they look lovely on your wonderful card. I am always amazed at your creativity and graceful execution. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I truly appreciate it.