Tuesday, May 17, 2016

B-Day - Forgotten Treasures

I was going through my older scrapbook supplies and found something I haven't used in many years and that was these big bold letters from K&Co.  I just loved the look of these when I first saw them, pretty colors in the set and I liked the embossing on them, then I had them home and thought now how am I going to use these on cards?  I have only used them once or twice at the most, when I saw them this time I thought I would go for a big bold sentiment :)

To go along with the embossing on the letters I decided to do some embossing around the card to frame the letters.


The card measures 5x7 to accommodate these large letters.  It still felt like it needed a little something extra so I cut the "Happy" die cut and added it to the top of the card.  Well it just blended right in with the embossing I had done, sooooo I cut out the Happy two more times, once with a very thick cardboard and then again with a little lighter color of pink and that helped give it the depth to go with how thick the other letters are.


I am having a hard time with taking pictures of all this embossing I have been doing, I think I need more lighting:)

Hope this inspires you to get out those long forgotten treasures I am sure you have and use them in your next project.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, it means a lot when you let me know you did!

Connie

12 comments:

Kim said...

Those letters are lovely. How fortuitous that you found them amongst your other pretties. The gold embossing adds a bit of bling and I love how you created the word happy. Another lovely card, from your clever imagination, Connie.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the colours in this card, it looks great.

Have a lovely day

All the best Jan

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, what fun that you found these great letters in your stash. They are fabulous and do add such great depth to your card. And a 5x7 card is fine. Beautiful gold embossing too (even if it was hard to photo)...it's lovely! And, you're right about using some long-forgotten (and sometimes lost) treasures in our stash! Hugs, sweet friend, and have a wonderful week!

Leslie Miller said...

Those are some very pretty letters! I can see how you were drawn to them. Perfect to use the "happy" die with them and add the gold embossing around the edges to bring it all together. I still have some big letters I couldn't resist, too. They were in such a neat box and they caught my eye. I have designer paper to match. Just like you, I've only used mine a couple of times.

Daniela said...

What a cheerful and precious creation, my wonderful Connie, I so love it, thank you for all the works of art you share with us !

Hope your week is off to a good start I wish you all my best for your days to come, sending you my dearest hugs,

with boundless thankfulness

Dany

Roosterhead Designs said...

Beautiful work Connie! I always feel inspired visiting here : )
The gold highlites on the letters work so well with the gold emboss~ Lovely card~ Karen O

Christine said...

This is so cute and pretty, Connie! The colours all blend so well! Great job!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, what a lovely B Day card you created. The colors are so pretty and cheerful. You designs are always an inspiration. I can relate to the forgotten treasures and supplies. It's like Christmas when you find them again among your craft supplies.
Have a great mid week. Hugs!

Diane said...

Really fabulous design Connie, just love the big bold letters.

Hugs Diane

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I love how you used those big letters!! It's great to find forgotten supplies and figure out new ways to use them!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oooh Connie, amazingly good use of thse giant letters, I do so see why you fell in love with them. Brilliant design layout and stamping.

Natural light is best for photos, and late afternoon, and early morning when the light is mor subtle and subdued, I have a good spot in my courtyard. So maybe you Ithat have one hear a window or when it is warmer outside.

Otherwise a light box is good. You can make one. Just google it. I just wait for good natural light. :)
Thanks for the inspiration,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Debbie said...

all of those soft colors go together beautifully connie. you are so good at taking the old and making it new!! have a wonderful weekend!!!!