Thursday, May 19, 2016

Duke Graduation

Good Morning all, wow this past week has been very busy, we drove from Southern Illinois out to North Carolina for our daughter and Son in laws graduation.  It was just fantastic to be able to be there and see them graduate in person.  We went an hour and half before and stood in line to get in, my hubby was able to sit on the end so we got pictures of the kids coming in and when they were up front being hooded, I guess you call it :)

In this first one Amanda is first and Zach is right behind coming in.




Here are the kids outside before the ceremony, loved this picture of them :)


While we were waiting in the Chapel for the kids to come in I got a text from Amanda and she found out that she had the highest GPA of the class and I can't remember if it was a little under or little over 200 graduates so we are very proud of our girl!!  Today and next week she is already doing interviews, so we are praying she finds a job she likes.

I promise I will have a card for my next post and maybe share some pictures of the rest of our trip, we ended up going to Savannah GA and onto St. Augustine FL and back home, I haven't downloaded my pictures yet, I took these from my hubby's camera :)

As you can imagine I am a whole week behind in my commenting on all your blogs, so I hope to catch up in the next few days visiting your blogs.

Thanks so much for stopping by while I was away and for today,

Connie

17 comments:

Daniela said...

These are unforgettable moments, for you all, my lovely ... I do remember my emotion and still I can feel it ... it's still so alive even if about twenty years have past since then !

Hope you're enjoying your week I wish you most wonderful days to come, adorable friend of mine, sending much love to you

xox - Dany

Diane said...

What wonderful memories you have captured Connie. Congratulations to the new grads.

Hugs Diane

Linda Carson said...

Wow! Congratulations to your daughter and son-in-law! I know you guys are so proud of their achievements! Highest GPA too! I'm sure she's walking on air!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Connie, what joys indeed a lovely lot of photos and huge congrats to them both but especially your daughters exceptional results... she must've worked really hard, may God bless her and give her the best job for her.
Hugs and prayers,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Christine said...

Oh well done and many congratulations to your daughter! What an achievement!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

You must be so proud and rightly so. Congratulations!

Gaby Bee said...

Congrats to your daughter and son-in-law...these are unforgettable moments! I bet you are very proud of them.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, dear Connie, what a joy to see your daughter and her husband graduate and to learn that she had the highest GPA of her class! She is beautiful, and your SIL is very handsome...sweet couple! Sounds like you had a very lovely trip, and you weren't all that far from us here in Delray Beach (just about three hours away or less). So, you surely can be a proud momma! Hugs, sweet friend, and have a wonderful weekend!

Leslie Miller said...

I can see you in your beautiful daughter. What a life they have ahead of them! Quite an achievement and so well done with the highest GPA. Congratulations to the graduates! It sounds like you had a great trip. I know the photos will be fun to see and I'll look forward to them.

Stephanie said...

Oh Connie, what a wonderful and joyous time for all of you! I am so happy for your daughter and I wish her all the best. I sincerely hope she is able to find the job she loves and enjoys.

Have a beautiful weekend. Hugs!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Congrats to the graduates!!! Thanks so much for your visits and kind words!! Have a great weekend!!
Hugs,
Deb

Donna Ellis said...

Thank you for sharing your treasured moments, Connie! How proud you must feel, and happy for the graduates! xo

Debbie said...

sweet captures of the wonderful day....you must be so proud!!! my son lives in north carolina and we visit duke when we visit him, the campus is breathtaking!!!

wishing both those beautiful graduates much happiness and success....and hopefully, a job!!!!

Unknown said...

How wonderful, Connie! I think I saw some pics on FB too! Congratulations and way to go on the GPA! I love that their names are from A to Z so cute! Be Proud, MaMa!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such lovely photo's you've shared here.
You have every right to be so proud - as have they.

Wishing them well for their future

All the best Jan

Monika/Buzsy said...

Congratulations to your daughter and SIN. Great pictures of them. :)

Roosterhead Designs said...

Such a wonderful and happy time for you Connie!
Much congrats and wish for them God's very best~
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip : ) Karen O