Saturday, May 21, 2016

Evelyn's 1st Birthday

Thank you for all the Congrats on the kids graduating.  I managed to down load my pictures on to my computer from the trip but haven't had time to go through and figure out what I may want to post, so today I am sharing a card I made for Evelyn's first birthday and some pictures from her party :)  Many of you that follow my blog this past year know the hard road that this little girl has had to go through to get to this point. Thank you all again for your prayers this past year, she is doing so well, she still has a little problem with her digestion, her Mom says she has many blowouts, but she is thankful that Evelyn loves getting baths so that helps. So thankful for the healing God has done in this little girls life.

I decided to watercolor this image using my Spectrum Aqua markers on watercolor paper.



Here is a closeup of the coloring, I need a bit more practice with these markers but I think it turned out pretty good.


Inky Antics -- Lester, colored w/Spectrum Aqua markers
Papertrey ink - Hodge Podge papers
Taylored Expressions -- Whimsy #'s die
Penny black -- Sprinkles and smiles sentiment stamp
Recollections -- Button Brads
Spellbinders -- classic oval and scalloped oval dies

Here is Evelyn getting ready to sample her cake


I love how she is looking right at my hubby in these pics!


Here she is with the books we got her, Right after my hubby stopped taking pictures and was heading back to his seat, they took the books from her and she started crying so I think she liked them :)


Thanks so much for stopping by today and hope your enjoying a great weekend so far!!
Still working on catching up on your blogs,

Connie

14 comments:

Debbie said...

OMGOODNESS connie, what a sweet card. the colors, the papers, all go together so well!!

i remember evelyns story well (not what i did yesterday, not what i ate) but evelyns story i remember well. how wonderful to see her now, she looks amazing and so healthy!!!!

April said...

Your card is so adorable! Love the lion image! What wonderful pictures of this little cutie ( Evelyn )too!

Lowcarb team member said...

I really like that card, the colours work well.
Such beautiful photo's of Evelyn - she looks so cute in that hat too!

May you all have a good weekend

All the best Jan

Diane said...

Absolutely wonderful coloring and card design Connie. What a wonderful keepsake picture.

Hugs Diane

Esther Asbury said...

What an adorable card (and beautifully colored!) for a sweet little girl!

Stephanie said...

Oh Connie, what a joy to see little Evelyn and what a blessing to celebrate her 1st birthday :) The card you made her is precious!

Happy weekend to you. Hugs!

Daniela said...

I so love this cutest and charming little girl and thanks God she can celebrate her first Birthday with so much joy from her parents and all around her !
You've prepared for her such a wonderful, far too tender card, sweetest friend of mine !

Sending blessings on your weekend

Dany

P.S.: Thank you so much for your words of support, precious friend !

Christine said...

How wonderful to see this darling little girl doing so well!
I love the card you made for her & I'm sure she will enjoy the books too!

Kim said...

Oh what a sweet little girl your Evelyn is. How wonderful for her to celebrate her 1st birthday and is thriving and doing well. Such an adorable card, Connie.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Connie,
How sweet she is!! I just bought a small enamel pot with a lid!! It is raining here again today but will be up in the 80's by the end of the week. I am not a lover of heat.....
Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card for a sweet little girl. Nice pictures of her birthday. That card is so cute! Love the coloring.

Unknown said...

Your card is ADORABLE, really sweet! And look at that pretty little Evelyn, also ADORABLE!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Such a wonderful card Connie! Beautifully done.
The colors are dreamy and the lion adorable!
She is a beautiful little girl~ Thanks be to God. : )
Karen O

Leslie Miller said...

That's such a cute, cute card, Connie, and your watercoloring looks great to me! So adorable. And Evelyn is the most darling little girl. I'm so happy to see these pics and know she is doing well.