Sunday, May 15, 2016

Graduation

My Daughter and Son in law both graduated yesterday from Duke University with a Masters of Divinity.  We are so proud of all the work they have done to get to this point.  So excited to see what God has in store for their lives.

I went with Blues on both the cards since that is the school colors but I went a little lighter on my daughters, trying to give it more of a feminine look.  I used Foil papers for the crosses on both cards.


The little cross charm was cut from the same paper as the sentiment tag I just added some brown ink to make it look more like a charm then paper.  Added a gem to the center of the cross.

Since I was able to hand deliver the card I put a little extra dimension using foam tape and a trick of rolling double sided tape that Kittie shows here . It worked perfect for attaching the smaller cross to the bigger cross, I used a little wider tape than she did on hers so it gave a little more lift. I just love the embossing that is on the die I used to frame the crosses.


Spellbinder -- Cross Collection and Decorative Labels 28 dies
DCWV -- Primrose and Foil Paper
Cuttlebug -- Corner die
Our Daily bread designs -- Mini tags die and Mini tags sentiment stamp
Offray ribbon
Gem

On my son in laws I went a little more rustic. I embossed the background with copper embossing powder.


I added a metal accent to the center of his cross too, but since I used foam tape on his also and the whole just happened to be the same size the gem went all the way through so it is flush with the blue cross.  Sorry about the shine on the copper embossing, I just couldn't get a good picture.


Spellbinders -- Cross Collection and A2 Distressed Edges dies
Our Daily Bread design -- Rustic Beauty collection paper (wood)
Ki -- Bronze metal accents
DCWV -- Foil paper

Thanks so much for stopping by today,

Connie

14 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations to your daughter and son-in-law on their graduation. You and your husband must be very proud. Both your cards, are lovely, Connie. What a lovely heirloom to remind them of their hard work and their special day.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

They are both lovely cards! Really pretty his and hers versions. Congrats to them on this great accomplishment.

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Hi Connie,

Congratulations to the both of them!! I just love the cards you created, especially making one feminine and one masculine. Have a great week!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh my Connie these are stunning!! Beautifully done and the details are gorgeous too~
Your DIL's is so soft and intricate~ And I like the copper emboss on your sons' too~ Wonderful work! And 'congratulations' to you and the family; what an open door~ Karen O

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How wonderful! Your creations will be treasured keepsakes for all of time! Just beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, you must be so proud! Beautiful dies, and I love how you changed up each card to make it fit the beloved recipient. A very special day!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Connie, this type of card must be so hard to make. I have to make regular graduation cards for nieces and nephews graduating from high school and want the cards to be special as I'm sure you did your's as well. You can tell you put a lot of thought into these and made them perfect for the occasion.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many congratulations to your daughter and son-in-law.
Theses cards are just so fitting, I'm sure they were so pleased to receive them.

Hope your weekend has been a good one,

All the best Jan

Daniela said...

Congratulations to both of them, what a wonderful accomplishment, dearest Connie, I'm sure you're so proud, and these wonderful cards you've prepared for them, they'll treasuring them !

Hope you're having a great Sunday I wish you much joy for the new week ahead, sending you my dearest love

Dany

Linda Walker said...

Connie, these are so nice! Yes, the paler shade of blue does add a lovely, feminine touch! Congratulations to your daughter and son in law, such accomplishments!!! :)
Linda

Linda Walker said...

Connie, these are so nice! Yes, the paler shade of blue does add a lovely, feminine touch! Congratulations to your daughter and son in law, such accomplishments!!! :)
Linda

Janice said...

Both beautiful cards Connie. Congratulations to them both.

Donna Ellis said...

Oh, Connie, these are more than just cards! Your DD and SIL will treasure these as keepsakes! GORGEOUS! Congratulations to your family! hugs, de

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic cards Connie. Love those cross die-cuts... great dimensions and colors.