Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Pinterest Inspired

I am hoping it is ok that I am sharing a project I made that I found on Pinterest.  There was no way to email her on her blog and you can no longer leave comments on it either to get in touch with her.  The only thing I could see was not to reproduce her pictures and I am hoping that means share her pics, these are photo's of what I did.  You can see her lovely project HERE .  My leaves did not turn out anything like hers that's for sure, but I did love how she used all different fabrics, I love the scrappy look in quilts so I think that is why it appealed to me.



I used my Spellbinders Circle die in size 3 3/4 inches to make the Yo Yo's, but you could use a small cup saucer to draw around on your fabric, I forgot to write down what the size was after making the Yo Yo's but they were under 2 inches.  I also used different buttons too, a few of them are the same type but I tried using different ones.

Here is a closeup.



My friend really liked it for her birthday present, now I am thinking of making myself one, but this time I may just cut out some leaves out of felt with my dies and hope they would do ok through a washing :)


Thanks so much for stopping by today, I really appreciate it,

Connie

13 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a great project! Such a fun use of the yo yos!

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty, Connie! I especially like that you have included the buttons and leaves for visual interest! I did not know you could make yoyos from circles! DUH - I've never made any - so will YouTube search and see how it is done. Love your pretty home decor project! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful week! hugs, de

Roosterhead Designs said...

Beautiful work Connie!! Love your addition of buttons and leaves~
hugs, Karen O

Unknown said...

That's so beautiful! Don't you love when your crafts collide? This is so pretty, as pretty as hers....looks like she hasn't blogged since 2010....bummer. I wish I could work with fabrics....not my forte! So glad you shared this here, it really is beautiful!

Lowcarb team member said...

That looks very good ...

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

It's 100% okay that you shared the project you made, Connie! So cute! I used to make things with the fabric yo yo's, but it's so cool that you were able to die cut them! Probably much faster and more accurate than using a pattern guide. Love the buttons and the leaves. This is just darling!

Christine said...

This is so cute, Connie! I love it! Yo yos are so much fun to make!
Have a lovely day!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

well have never heard of yo-yos I thought they were a toy on a bit of string winding up and down :D perhaps it is the similar shapes makes you wonder why they are called yo-yos, doesn't it?? Bit it is a very pretty mat though and very clever of you to have attempted it Connie!
Thanks so much for sharing.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Sandra said...

Love your yo-yo quilt creation. I like the added buttons too. You really need to make one for yourself to enjoy too.

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

That's beautiful Connie! I have never made anything with the yo-yo's, it looks like a lot of fun. You should definitely make one for yourself.

Linda Walker said...

Connie, I love this! Boy I've missed a lot in the past 2 weeks.....this sure looks like a fun project. Hope you post the one you make for yourself!
Linda

Linda Walker said...

Connie, I love this! Boy I've missed a lot in the past 2 weeks.....this sure looks like a fun project. Hope you post the one you make for yourself!
Linda

Esther Asbury said...

What a lovely yo-yo creation! I once made a small table runner out of yo-yo's - still using it in my primitive decor!!