Sunday, May 1, 2016

Vintage Postcard and Baby Geese

I was going for a vintage looking post card with this one.  I inked the embossing folder with Old Paper distress ink before running the embossing folder through my cuttlebug to give it an aged look, then swiped some Tea Dye distress ink over the raised area's after taking it out of the embossing folder.  Stamped and colored the flowers with markers. After adding the sentiment I couldn't leave well enough alone and thought it needed a little extra something so I added some flowers one of the girls in my card making group gave to me.  I used my stylus and a mat to give the flowers some dimension and then added stickles to the centers.  I think that ended up taking away from the vintage feel of the card though.  I shouldn't have been in such a hurry to glue them on.


Sizzix -- Postcard embossing folder
Cloud 9 designs -- Flowers 1 stamp set
Penny Black -- Sprinkles and smiles sentiment stamp set
Flowers -- From card making friend
Stickles -- Shabby shutters

I narrowed my pictures of the geese down to 10 pictures.
I start off with when we first arrived there were some tiny baby geese and as we walked up they headed for the water.


I love this one of them all following the leader.


After they swam out of site we went walking and came across this group of cuties, they were a little bigger than the other geese and they were not shy they were walking right for us.


Here is the close up I got of these ones, isn't that too cute.



Same geese they headed for the water so we watched them go down and I took these after they are all settled in the water.
 I actually caught one flying by.

I know it isn't a goose but I was thrilled I took a picture of a bird flying and it isn't blurry, LOL!


And here we are getting ready to head back to the car and I saw this little family and had to get some more pictures.  My hubby said this reminds him of that game at the carnival where you have to pick a duck and turn it over to see what your prize is :)


This was my first time seeing this small of baby geese so it was a fun day, plus we took a picnic lunch with us and the bugs weren't too bad so it was enjoyable!!

Thanks for stopping by and tomorrow I will be sharing a Dies R Us post, so stop in and see what project idea I have for Mother's day.

Connie

9 comments:

Birgit said...

Your vintage looking post card turned out fabulous, Connie! I love anything with a vintage feel, and your card makes me want to make some vintage post cards too. ;0)

Unknown said...

LOVE your postcard and I think adding your flowers was brilliant, they're so pretty! Such cute photos, love the little puffs of soon to be feathers. We have a teeny tiny baby bunny living under our deck out back, one little strip of white on the top of his head, just a tad smaller than a softball. Love the little creatures!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, we are so hard on ourselves. I love the vintage postage, and I think the small flowers you've added are lovely and don't take away from the vintage feel at all. I actually love the added dimension and color. And oh my, I love the photos of these birds! Yes, the sweet young ones are adorable with their downy look and how they scurry after mom and how mom has to also keep them in the right direction. What a precious time and wonderful photos! Well done, and I'm so glad you and Greg had such a beautiful sunny day! Hugs, sweet friend!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! We do not have those geese here, so I relish in your photo shares, Connie! Fabulous little wobbling babies, and beautiful adults! the kite is also beautifully captured in flight (I think it is a kite of some sort, anyway). WOWOW - what a fabulous way of using this EF! The antiqued look was achieved wonderfully by inking the folder - it's really pretty - I don't own anything "post-card-y" and it would be nice to have something that could either achieve the look in a card, or be sent as a postcard in the mail! I suppose it would be important not to use water-based products if sending directly in the mail, right? Your creation is lovely! xoxo

Stephanie said...

Dearest Connie, I think your vintage postcard is beautiful and perfec just the way it is. You always do lovely work, my friend.

I enjoyed seeing the geese as they always make me smile. Happy May Day! Hugs and joy!

Linda Walker said...

Hi Connie,
I love your vintage postcard!!! Looks very authentic so you did something just right!!! Your geese photos are so nice. I love catching photos of wildlife but like you said, any action shots tend to turn out blurry. These are great shots of some sweet geese. The babies are precious. Have a nice week Connie!
Linda

Leslie Miller said...

Isn't that cute the way they're raising their families together! There sure are a lot of them. Such fabulous pictures, Connie. I really enjoyed these. And your card is pretty fabulous, too! What a great embossing folder! I think there's no reason why vintage can't have color and glitter on it. Glitter has been around a long time!

Debbie said...

It's beautiful Connie, I see what you are saying about the flowers.....yet I would not have noticed that had you not mentioned it! I think it looks great!! I love those geese, especially the little ones!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh those little geese are just so cute!
Great photo's, thank you so much for sharing them.

All the best Jan