Saturday, June 25, 2016

Happy Saturday

I feel like I am recovering from the week, it was good and we had some new kids in our group this week, praying the Holy Spirit touched their hearts and the parents told us the kids talked about what they did during VBS at home and that they had a good time, so that is a good thing.

My card today went to my sister in law.  I had purchased this stamp and paper set from Hot off the press and hadn't tried it yet so I decided to break it out, the foil diecuts come with the set too, and they suggest sanding them to reveal the silver core if you want something different than just pure gold so that is what I did and I do like the look of it.  Also on the package they show an example and so I did use their idea in coloring this.




Here is a close up picture of the birds and the sanding of the die cut fern.


This is a really pretty set, I just couldn't resist it :)

Hot off the press -- Mystic Garden stamp set, Foiled Fancies and Mystic Garden Papers
Spellbinders -- Labels one, Decorative Labels One and Grommet tags dies
Penny Black -- Sprinkles and smiles sentiment stamp
Bazzill-- Brads
Gems

Hope you have an enjoyable weekend and it isn't too HOT for you, we are still experiencing the 90's with heat index's reaching in the 100's every few days.

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Connie

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Those birds are the sweetest!!! Oh so sorry for your soaring temps, we have had some stellar weather here.....cooler at the coast! ;)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Connie,
So cute! Thanks for stopping by my new blog!! It is actually a new one that I created in the wake of the old one being hacked. The title is slightly different with me adding Blog after Debbie-Dabble , that way i did not have to change much. But I lost all my followers so I am inviting you to please follow me on my new blog....
Hugs,
Deb

Alex said...

That is a lovely stamp and paper set, and I do like the lavender and soft slate-blue color scheme. I dont suppose you have to make many attempts to get a good stamp image, so experienced as you are!
I'm sure your bible study kids had a great time and you got good feedback, fantastic!
A very well deserved rest is in order, I think, Connie. I'm sure your little'uns will have learnt and more importantly felt the kindness inspired by your faith. At that age, they learn by example,too, don't they?
See you soon!

Connie said...

Your card is beautiful, your sister-in-law will treasure it :)
Vacation Bible School . . . that brings back wonderful memories.

Kim said...

Oh...for lovely hot weather.=) 'Tis a wee bit chilly for my liking, down here. Your birds are so pretty. This card is gorgeous. I remember going to VBS as a child. It is a wonderful thing and the kids always enjoy it whilst hearing God's word as they have fun. Have a lovely week, Connie....I hope it won't be too hot for you.

Debbie said...

this is a true beauty connie, one of my forever favorites!!!! it is so easy to overlook all the thought and steps that go into these cards. then i read about all of the details and steps, wow, lots of thought and work!! the birds, the paper and the cut-out frame all go together perfectly. i'm sure your sil loved it!!!!

oooooh and it's super hot here too, into the 90's and i thought the predicted high was 76!!! have a fun sunday!!!

Leslie Miller said...

That gold paper with the silver core is so cool! I haven't seen anything like it. There's always something more to love, isn't there? Such a beautiful card with the floral background and those pretty birds. I love birds and can't get enough of them these days. Your sister was happy to receive this, I'm sure.

Stephanie said...

Good evening, my friend. I have a few moments before I need to get ready for church and I thought I would drop in and say hi :)

Once again, you have created a beautiful card that will no doubt bless the person that receives it. You share such joy and beauty with others.

Stay cool, dear friend. Right now it's 88 and with it being 6-7 degrees cooler has made a huge difference! Hugs to you!

Pam Sparks said...

So pretty Connie! lovely paper and coloring!

Lowcarb team member said...

I really liked your two previous cards ...

The birds on this card are so cute, I love the colouring.

All the best Jan

Daniela said...

This card truly won my heart, it's terrific to me !
You're really wonderful , dearie, both as a lady and as an artist, blessed be !

Sending blessings of joy on the reaminder of your week,
with all my love

xox Dany

AppleApricot Wen said...

Gorgeous card! Soooo love the birds! xx