Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Teen Card and Grand canyon

I missed posting this card a month ago, it was for another Great Nephew that turned 16 this year, and since I already made a 16th birthday card using the other truck stamp I have I decided to go with an older looking truck this time.  I just stamped in black onto patterned paper.  I saw this background stamp and thought it would be neat to have for birthday background, there are all kinds of sentiments that you can highlight depending on what you want to say, I think I should have went a little lighter with that though, my hubby said I should have just circled them not highlight, what do you think?



Of course I couldn't leave it alone so I had to add some clouds.

Taylored Expressios -- Word Search Birthday background stamp
Stampers Anonymous - The Journey stamp set (truck)
Tim Holtz-- vintage shabby paper (stamped truck onto it)
Fiskars --  Cloud punch
Shading with distress ink

When going through to find pictures of my hubby for our Anniversary post,  I thought I would pick out some pictures to share for a Grand Canyon post.  One of those pics of my hubby was in the Grand Canyon also.  The first afternoon we arrived I didn't take my camera with me, I was very tired from driving and just wanted to enjoy it without worrying about taking pictures, of course my hubby took plenty for us, LOL!  That evening when we went back the pictures I took didn't come out all that well, I had my camera settings all wrong.  So the following pictures were our second day out.  It was quite the hazy day as you can see in these pictures.





It always amazes me how anything grows out of a rock and I just thought this was cool.



I turned around to see how far behind me my hubby was and like the way the sun was shining through the tree and the shadow it cast with the canyon in the background.  If you have never been to the grand canyon there is a section of it that you can walk or ride a bus and get off at the stops, we walked a lot of it and if you can manage it I would do that also, there is some pretty spots along the way.






In the next two shots I am trying to show the size of this area, in the first picture about in the middle of the picture on the opposite rim of the canyon is a building, and down from that you can see the path that you can take down into the canyon, we didn't have time for that or did I want to do that but Greg would have loved to go.


In this next picture off to the left you can see people on a platform that looks down into the canyon, as you can see there is a lot of climbing and stairs but it is amazing to see.  This is in the same area as the picture before.


It is really hard to capture how big it truly is in pictures.  Although I enjoyed the canyon both Greg and I agree we liked The Arches National parks even more.

Thanks so much for taking the time today to stop by and I hope your week is going well,

Connie

15 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Personally, I like the pop of blue in the card for the highlighted words. That is a neat idea for a background stamp.

Your photos are always lovely! I would love to see the Grand Canyon one day!

Christine said...

Yes I'm in favour of the highlighted words and the clouds!
Those are amazing photos of the Grand Canyon! I'd love to visit someday!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Great card for a teenager Connie. I think they are the hardest group to make cards for, especially guys.

Janice said...

Another great card for a teenager Connie, I love your ideas! Fantastic photos as always.

Donna Ellis said...

Now, isn't that a fabulous background stamp? I love that you actually spelled words inside and highlighted them! Great teen card, but perfect for anyone! Great design! Connie, your Grand Canyon photos are amazing, and yes, I always marvel at how some plants seem to grow where it is seemingly impossible! thanks for sharing! hugs, de

Leslie Miller said...

I love that old truck and I like the highlighted words. Gives it some color and they stand out more. Cute! I'm in awe of your photos. Truly magnificent country. Not too far from us to visit now and then, too. I agree about Arches being even more interesting, though. Also, just the landscape leading up to the Grand Canyon is pretty awesome. We approach it from the west, so not sure about the eastern landscape. I enjoyed viewing these photos up close. Thanks, Connie!

Celestina Marie said...

Beautiful card Connie and I love the shadow of words. Perfect for a teen card.
Your Grand Canyon pics are incredible. Such a beautiful place on earth to visit. You captured wonderful shots. Thank you for sharing. Have a great rest of the week. xo

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pics, how wonderful is our country?!?! Love the masculine card, complete with a cloud word search--clever!!!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I love that word search stamp, Connie - your card turned out great! I am a fan of old trucks, too. My Dad always had an old 'farm truck' as he loved to call it, for hauling things, and he had quite a few real oldies over the years. One had a crank to start the engine and wouldn't go over 35 mph! Of course, he would drop me off to school in that one....haha! All the boys loved it, but at the time I was pretty embarrassed. Now I wish he could take me for one last ride.....Love your beautiful photos of the Grand Canyon, especially the back-lit tree. I've always wanted to go, although I have flown over it a couple times. It is amazing by air, too! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful start to this season of Thanks. Hugs xo Karen

Lowcarb team member said...

Different to see the word search on a card, well done.

Your photo's of the Grand Canyon are lovely. I've never been, but friends who have say the same as you - it really is big / Grand.

Isn't it amazing how anything can grow out of a rock!

All the best Jan

Laura said...

Cool card for your son! I think the clouds work perfectly too! Fabulous trip pictures...looks like an amazing memory.

Debbie said...

i LOVE this card, it's perfect for a young man. the truck is very cool and i really like the addition of the word search, i don't think i remember you ever including that in the past!!! the clouds are a great addition but it wold have been fine either way!!

it was nice to see the wonderful images of the grand canyon, i have not been in years!! and how do plants grow out of rocks anyway??

Alex said...

Amazing pics! The scale of that Canyon is vast...must be breathtaking.

Its a fun card!I think the highlighted words on the wordsearch are good because they bring in more colour.


Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great masculine card Connie. Love the word search background... the words are perfect.

ChristineCreations said...

A fun guy design! I must admit I’m pulled in by the great photos of the canyon....so beautiful!