Thursday, March 2, 2017

Bride and Groom

My hubby's long time friend lost his wife a few years ago. But he recently got remarried to a lovely lady who works in the same field that he does and we couldn't be more happy for him. We were not able to attend their out of state wedding but they did stop by and spent the night and we had a great visit. This is the card I made for them.


I love when the paper does most of the work for you. I just cut out the die cut heart, the letters Love and the corner die, added the sentiment and I was done.

Webster pages -- Petite papers
Spellbinders -- Lacey hearts and Font one upper and lower case dies
David Tuttera -- Celebrate sentiment

I am kitty sitting my grand kitty for a few days, my daughter and son in law had to go speak at a conference.  It is so nice to have a furbaby in the house again, even though she is a stinker and is getting into a few things and woke me up at 3:30 am.  The sun is shinning and the birds are singing so pretty, what could be better this morning :)

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy day to stop by and for letting me know you did,

Connie

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning! Gorgeous heart die, it's really fabulous! Such pretty Designer Paper too. It's all fabulous!

Daniela said...

What a wonderful heart, dearest Connie, your card is truly outstanding !

Wishing you a most wonderful remainder of your week

XOXO Dany

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful card -- love that heart die!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Having a fur baby around always makes life better (except for the early hour awakening), especially after the recent loss of your loved one. Your card is lovely and will be so appreciated.

Diane said...

What a wonderful heart design Connie. I am sure your friend will love it.

PS I finally purchased a squirrel buster bird feeder from Amazon to keep the squirrels and raccoons off the feeder. Works great.

Hugs Diane

Donna Ellis said...

So happy for your friend! How lovely to discover a new life just when we think we cannot overcome a severe devastation. Your card is incredible, Connie! I love that heart die with the lattice. Beautifully done! hugs, de

Darlene said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL creation and I'm so glad he found happiness again!

Anonymous said...

I will have to look into the Webster papers, Connie. I've not heard of them before. Beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

The paper is pretty and was a big help, but you added some beautiful elements to make the card special for a very special occasion. You're a good kitty grandma, too!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Connie,
Stunning design!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post about my Dad. And thanks for sharing your story about your own dad. Treasure the memories you have of your parents and that is how they will live forever in your heart...
Hugs,
Deb

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Agree it's great to have good paper like that Connie, had huge chuckle over your cat called "Stinker", perhaps!!? 😁
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Beth Norman said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful story with us. I love your card. That heart is simply adorable and the decorative paper is a lovely touch.

Alex said...

Ah that's pretty, Connie! People keep their Wedding cards forever, yours certainly merits keeping! So nice he found a new partner.
You definitely sound as though Spring has come a-visiting!
Our Spring is in two minds so far. I'm being patient.
x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty card. You used the patterned paper so well. It is not always easy for me to use these types of paper. I really like the die cut and I bet the bride and groom loved it!

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a lovely card Connie, and how nice that they stopped by to spend time with you too.

Enjoy your kitty sitting!

All the best Jan

Kim said...

Those pretty papers do make this lovely card, don't they. The pretty heart is a lovely feature. How lovely your husband's friend found love and happiness again.

Janice said...

A beautiful card Connie, the heart is stunning!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty. Love the floral background and that pretty lacy heart.