Friday, April 14, 2017

Good Friday

It is finished, I can only imagine how Jesus felt after taking on all of our sins. Thanks be to God!!

I am not sure if my Father in law will be around to see this card I made for him or not, I mailed it out on Wednesday morning hoping it will get to him by Saturday and we got a call from my hubby's sister and brother saying that  his Dad is in the hospital, he is having trouble swallowing and is very weak, the  Doctors suggested they put him into hospice care. These are the times when we live a 9 hour drive from home that we wish so much we lived closer.  My hubby was able to call and talk to his Dad and that made him feel a lot better.  His Dad says he just wants to go home to Heaven so we are hoping this isn't a long time of suffering for him.


Spellbinders -- Cross Collection die
DCWV - Burlap paper
Crate Paper -- DIY shop (for cross) layered 3 times
Memory Box -- Stitched Rectangle die
Hot off the press -- Ivory papers, black jewel dazzles (sentiment tag)
Our Daily Bread design -- The shepherd sentiment stamp set
Starform -- Transparent Glitter sticker (cross)

Wishing you a blessed Easter!

Thanks so much for stopping by today,

Connie

12 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a lovely Easter card. Praying for peace and comfort for your father in law.

Unknown said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry to hear this news. I am glad your Hubby was able to speak with him. This is a glorious card indeed. Prayers said and sent! (((hugs)))

Daniela said...

Darling Connie,
I'm so sad to read about your Father in law, sending prayers for him and you all !

MUCH LOVE

XOXO Dany

Beth Norman said...

Oh, Connie, I'm so sorry to hear such sad news. I hope your father gets your card. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Kim said...

So sad to hear this news, Connie. Sending you and your family many loving thoughts and prayers.

Janice said...

So sorry to hear about your father-in-law Connie, I do hope he receives your beautiful card. Thinking of you.

Birgit said...

Sending you hugs and prayers Connie. Praise God for the hope He gives! Your card is beautiful. <3

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

It's a beautiful card Connie and what Easter is all about. I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law, he's in God's hands so he will take care of him either way. Blessings to you and your family. Hugs, Kelly.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Connie, it's a beautiful card. So nicely crafted, and I love it on the burlap. I dearly hope your father-in-law has a chance to receive it, but also pray he's comfortable and, if it's his time, he'll find peace.

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh Connie, I am so sorry to hear this news ...
Your card is lovely and I do hope your father-in-law has a chance to receive it.
I am pleased your Hubby was able to speak with him.

Thinking of you all and saying a special prayer at this time.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Connie, I will add your father-in-law to my prayers. May God continue to comfort him and fill him with peace and longing for Heaven. What an inspirational gentleman.

Love your Easter card!!!

Debbie said...

it's a beautiful card...i hope he gets to see it!! you are so thoughtful connie!!