Friday, May 12, 2017

Flower Challenge

Poppystamps is having a flower challenge, you can read all about it HERE.  I went looking through my dies and I can't hardly believe but of all their dies that I have this is my only flowers.  All the rest of my flowers are from Memory Box.

My cardmaking group is also doing a color challenge of Aqua, so that is what took me into this direction for this card. I couldn't find cardstock in the right color so I used my Spectrum marker BT4 to color the cardstock before cutting out with my die.


 I also used Poppystamps Eyelet stitches die for the bottom border of the card, using the largest border die and then using the smallest in the set I cut out a strip for the center of the card.  The sentiment was once again done with the My Favorite things sentiment stamps.

Poppystamps -- Stitched Bloom trio, Eyelet Stitches and Pinpoint Main street tags dies
Cosmo Cricket -- Everafter paper
My Favorite things -- Label maker sentiment stamp set
Recollection-- Pearls
Twill
Twine
Hole punch for tag

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by, and saying Hi :)
Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead!

Connie


17 comments:

Unknown said...

Love these of blues and that fabulous tag....I'm a sucker for a tag especially this pretty one! Loving all of those stitched dies and your fabulous flowers....and how you did your sentiment too--that's great!

Donna Ellis said...

Love those amazing petals in your flowers, Connie! and gorgeous background paper - wow! I especially like your sentiment! hugs, de

Daniela said...

What a daintiness you express with this last card of yours, darling Connie, thank you for sharing such loveliness !!!

Wishing you a most lovely Mother's Day Weekend,
I'm sending blessings acros the many miles

XOXO Dany

Debbie said...

gorgeous blue and hues, i really like the paper's you chose! the lines inside the flowers, did you draw those by hand??

the tag would look wonderful on a gift as well!!!

pam said...

Beautiful card Connie! using my favorite Poppystamps flowers, love how you have combined the tag and border dies, with these pretty papers.
Thank you for sharing with us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
Pam x

Beth Norman said...

Very nice. I wouldn't have thought to colour the paper with markers to achieve the colour you needed. Clever lady! I do like the scalloped bottom.

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Beautiful card Connie, I love the colours in this card. Very pretty! Have a nice weekend.

Kim said...

Such a glorious card celebrating beautiful blue hues and flowers. Those petals are so pretty, Connie.

Janice said...

Such a pretty tag card, I love the shades of blues and the gorgeous flowers.

Anonymous said...

I like this flower, especially the big one. Did you put 2 together to get the one? Your sis

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

What a gorgeous card Connie, do love turquoise and the Die cuts and paper chosen just make a real quality creation. ❤️
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Louca por porcelana said...

So cute!Love the colour!

R's Rue said...

Love.

Lowcarb team member said...

Shades of blue and aqua have a calming and such a pleasing look.
I do like this card, and I feel it will be 'a happy day'

I wish you a Happy Day ahead and a good weekend too.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

Those are some super cute flowers! These days I'm nuts about anything stitchy. I love how you used the two-sized borders, too, which really brings it all together. Pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Connie. I love that you added the twine and the ribbon. xo

handmade by amalia said...

This card has all the calm and beauty of the sea.
Amalia
xo