Thursday, May 4, 2017

Goodies

Before everything happened with my Father in law, I won a great prize from My Favorite Things Stamps. I commented on Debbie Olson's blog and won a $100 gift certificate, WOW!!! I think my heart actual skipped a beat when I found out.  Since I knew I would be heading to Michigan at any time I decided to wait until after I got back to place my order and I received it just in time to make a card for my girlfriend who is turning 60, I gave it to her last night and she just loved it.



I stamped the balloon twice and cut out one to pop it up off the page, with my MISTI I was able to line up the string on the balloon perfectly in her hand, I also stamped and cut out the hat and added that but didn't pop it up.  I gave her some polka dots to her dress by using my blender pen to take away some of the orange in her dress.

My Favorite of all is the die that cuts out a window to add your sentiment behind, isn't that neat. I was so excited to see that the Happy Birthday fit in there perfectly :)

Here is the card laying down so you can see the sentiment through the window a little easier.


My Favorite things-- Cupcake day stamp set, colored with markers, Die-namics -- Word window die and Label Maker sentiments stamp set
Memory Box -- Stitched Rectangle Layers die
Lilybeedesign-- Head over heels

I thought I would share a picture of the goodies I picked out from My favorite things win!  Don't they do such pretty packaging!


As you can see I have a few more fun things to play with :)

We have had rain again all day yesterday and today as well, the ditch behind our house is rising once again but so far it is staying out of our yard.  The amount of road closures are just crazy, and major highways too, but there is hope insight, after it finishes raining, hopefully by tomorrow morning we will see no rain for the next 5 days!!!!!  I hope that gives enough time for all of this to calm down.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

19 comments:

Hussena said...

Such a cute card and what a wonderful crafty haul. I love the bright colours and the sweet girl :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your card is beautiful and look at all the goodies you got! Woo hoo for winning that great prize!!

Esther Asbury said...

Wow! That was an awesome giveaway! Looks like you got a lot of goodies! Love the pretty card you made with your new stamps!

Donna Ellis said...

What fun goodies, Connie! Darling card, and beautifully colored!

Birgit said...

Congratulations on your fabulous win Connie! A big box of fun, for sure. Your card is just darling! I love that you popped the balloon up and that the sentiment is inset. Great dimension going on here! Hope the rain lets up for you soon. Stay safe, my friend.

Kim said...

Wow!! $100 to spend as you please on crafty goodness! There certainly a lot of goodies there, Connie. Cute, cute, cute card. I love that little window.

Unknown said...

Oh how fabulous! What a WIN! Congratulations! Looks like you got some beautiful yummy items! mmmm oxide inks! Great choice! Your card is beautiful, bet she loved it!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Wow, Connie, isn't God wonderful??... when we are going through the mill, He sends a sweetener to lift our day, and with all the sorrow you've been through this voucher for all those wonderful goodies was really it.. love the card you've made for your friend and nice to see you enjoying your blessings so and sharing them.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Beth Norman said...

Congratulations on your big win. It was such a generous amount. Thanks for showing us your loot.

Your card is so adorable. Love all the DP you used, and of course the way you added the Happy Birthday.

I just went to a craft show and one of the vendors said MFT is the hot company at the moment and she has a hard time keeping product in. I just bought a new flower release.

Have a great weekend.

Darlene said...

Hoot! Hoot! Congrats on winning all those goodies!!! I have no doubt you will put them all to great use!! Your card is adorable! Love your double balloon and the sentiment panel is awesome! I'm sure she squealed in delight when seeing this card! What fun!

Daniela said...

Congrats on your prize, darling Connie, you're truly outstanding, that's the truth !!!

Wishing you a most lovely end of your week ahead,
I'm sending blessings across the many miles

XOXO Dany

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, how exciting! What a wonderful gift from the Lord! I cannot think of a better person to win this fabulous gift, and what a precious gal to win it from (Debbie Olson). I just love that girl! And I do love how MFT packages everything in such a great box too. Beautiful card with this darling little Pure Innocence gal! I love it! Hugs! xoxo

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your card Connie, lovely bright colour too.
Congratulations on winning the goodies!

I do hope your weather settles down soon.
Enjoy the weekend

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, you lucky girl! How exciting! Love that you showed the box of goodies you picked out. Such happy mail! And you wasted no time making that cute card. Adorable little girl birthday image for your 60 yr old friend. Fun! Pretty layout with the word window die cut into it. Love those Label Maker sentiments. Enjoy!

Debbie said...

WoW!!!! that's awesome connie!! my maiden name is debbie olson, so i was a little surprised and confused when i first read this!!!

adorable card!!!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous card!I really loved it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation, Connie. You bought a lot of stuff with your gift certificate! Love that little girl on the card. So cute!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Congratulations! Sweet prize! I love the products you picked. They have fantastic products. Darling card Connie. Love the sweet dress and the polka dot cupcake. :)

Janice said...

I'm not sure how I missed this post....what a fabulous win! You have chosen some wonderful products. A really lovely card too, great design.