Sunday, May 28, 2017

Life is Beautiful

I started by embossing with gold embossing powder my flowers onto patterned paper, we all know we need to use up our stash of papers :)  Going through the paper pack was this panel with the sentiment on it and I thought it would be a great backdrop to the flowers. I also cut the leaf flourish out of the same paper pack.

To go with the gold embossing of the flowers I decided to take my stencil and apply versamark ink right from the pad through the stencil onto the top portion of this panel, it already had some splotches of ink so I thought it would work great and tie it all together.



Trying to get more of the shimmer of the embossing with the next picture, another gloomy day here so it didn't turn out as well as I would like.


Recollections -- Mixed Media Paper
Autumn leaves -- Flowers embossed w/gold embossing powder
Cheery Lynn -- fanciful flourish die
Tim Holtz, stampers anonymous -- Stencil Blossom THMM107 versamark and gold embossing powder

As we take time this weekend to have fun with family and friends and start off our summer, I hope we all take out the time and reflect on those men and women, who gave of themselves for our country and to the families they left behind.  Even if we may not be happy with the way our country is going right at the moment, I can still say I feel so blessed to be an American!!

Thanks so very much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

Stamping With Bibiana said...

lovely! I really like the design paper against the stamped image! great job
hugs from california
Bibiana

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet card Connie. Love the die-cut flourish... perfect backdrop to the heat embossed flowers.

Donna Phelan said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors your flowers and that pretty embossing! WOW!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful and joyful!

Beth Norman said...

Such a beautiful card. Loving the distressed look and those colours are devine!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful! I love those flowers, and your stenciling looks just like part of the paper, but prettier! That's some very sparkly embossing powder, too. It shows up beautifully. This is a day of reflection, for sure. Bittersweet. I wish there was no need for it. War is archaic. I can't even get started with my thoughts on that.

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful card, Connie! I like the linen feel of your papers, and it carries right through to your flowers. Great texture - your gold brings out that elegance that always makes a card more beautiful, and your color choices are so serene! Lovely card! hugs, de

Hussena said...

This is very beautiful! Love the pink and gold together.

Debbie said...

I like the glitter and the sparkle...and the message as well!!

Anonymous said...

Life is Beautiful, Connie. What an appropriate card for today. Happy Memorial Day!

Janice said...

A really pretty card Connie. Your flowers look gorgeous and you have used my favourite swirl die!

Gaby Bee said...

Yes, life is beautiful ...just as your card!

Have a wonderful week!
Gaby xo

Kim said...

Gaby Bee said it all above.....life is beautiful and lovely Connie, so is your card.

Lowcarb team member said...

A very good message on the card, one we must all take time to appreciate.

All the best Jan